Can't answer phone calls or turn off alarm when screen is locked.
dkronx

For Droid RAZR M.
After upgrade, I am unable to answer an incoming call when the screen is locked.  I receive the notification that there is one, but when pressing the handset, I get a flash of an image to answer but then goes away.  Prior to this upgrade, I was able to just press the handset and either answer or ignore the call.  Now, all calls go unanswered until I can unlock my screen and then check my missed call log and call back.  Very irritating...

This also happens with the alarm.  Cannot turn it off unless I unlock the screen and hit the clock icon.

Also sending old text messages and when using the new emoticons for new messages, the receiver of the text will receive it in 3 or more texts and have to piece together.  No reason when the text is only a couple sentences and under the character limit. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't answer phone calls or turn off alarm when screen is locked.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dkronx,

I definitely don't want any more missed calls to occur because of this. You mentioned that you were previously able to press the action. When a call appears, are you able to swipe either to the left or right to answer or ignore?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jmtarjan

I have a similar problem.  Droid Razr M.  Got latest update, 4.4.2.  Can no longer answer incoming calls when the phone is idle.  The call comes in and I press the answer button, I press in different locations, all over the screen, but no answer.  I've tried turning screen lock off (so that I don't need a PIN to get into phone), but that doesn't fix the problem. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

jmtarjan wrote:

I have a similar problem.  Droid Razr M.  Got latest update, 4.4.2.  Can no longer answer incoming calls when the phone is idle.  The call comes in and I press the answer button, I press in different locations, all over the screen, but no answer.  I've tried turning screen lock off (so that I don't need a PIN to get into phone), but that doesn't fix the problem.

You usually have to drag the answer button to connect the call.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes