Can't copy files from my Droid Turbo to my computer and issues with ringtones!!
DesertMama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am trying to transfer ringtones and photos from my Droid Turbo to my computer.  I have phone connected, and changed it from USB charging to file transfer.  I have tons of pictures, in several different folders...but they are not all showing up on my PC/laptop....the only photos that are visible are the few I took yesterday and today, and one that I transferred over from another phone a year ago.  I've also made sure that I have selected "show hidden folders" on my computer.  What is going on? why can't I see photos?

Also, my ringtones that I've had on my phone, downloaded from Zedge, and set for specific contacts are no longer working...and don't show up on my phone with the other ringtones (all I see are the ones that came with the phone).  So, I have no notifications when I get a text, except a vibration...and a real weird and random phone tone when my contacts call me.  I searched and searched, and finally found my ringtones - in my Google Play music files on my phone!! 

No clue what's going on with my phone, but I'm beyond frustrated!!  Please help!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't copy files from my Droid Turbo to my computer and issues with ringtones!!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the DROID Turbo 1 or the DROID Turbo 2? The instructions for accessing the folders might be slightly different between the two models.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Can't copy files from my Droid Turbo to my computer and issues with ringtones!!
stef7
Master - Level 2

Some things I’d try in this order:

1). Via the notification pane, select Charging Only and then MTP File Transfer (I know once more).

2). Is it possible you are exploring the root of the phone, and haven't navigated to the SD card (if you have an SD card)?

3). Try Settings | Apps | All Apps, scroll to External Storage and clear cache and reboot

4). If none of that helps, I’d try browsing and examining the file structure of the phone over FTP. I like doing this wirelessly where you can drag-n-drop in both directions. Look. No wires!

I download an FTP server app onto my device that is lean and mean: SwiFTP_V1.24.apk

https://github.com/davidarkemp/swiftp/blob/master/release_apk/SwiFTP_1.24.apk

If you are concerned about side=loading something, no problem, find an FTP server app from the PlayStore and install it.

Start the FTP server.

Download an FTP client onto your PC. I like FileZilla.

Start that running, and connect to the FTP server on your phone by providing (if using SwiFTP):

IP address

port

username

password

0 Likes
DesertMama
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not know which Turbo....when I look up device info, it just says Droid

Turbo by Motorola.

Either way, I can see my DCIM folder with subfolders....and I can see the

picture folder with Facebook and Screenshot subfolders, but they are empty

(on the computer, on my phone they are full)...

0 Likes
DesertMama
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, I am definitely exploring internal storage.... I don't have an SD

card.

I can see my DCIM folder with subfolders....and I can see the picture

folder with Facebook and Screenshot subfolders, but they are empty (on the

computer, on my phone they are full). When I search for files on internal

storage from computer, they don't show up, but they are on my phone....

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did these files come from a phone that was rooted? Its possible Windows doesn't see them because they are hidden or have certain access rights. On the PC, rightclick on the directory that contains all the files and remove hidden attribute if set.

Otherwise, try the file move over ftp. I think that will allow you to see all files and chippy them.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I meant hidden attribute for the directory and all sub directories and files.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TAMGAT30, we want to point you in the right direction to complete this task. Click http://vz.to/2i42CNC for the steps on how to upload media from your device to your computer.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MICRUD23

Verizon Support - TAMGAT30 specifically stated they see the folder on their PC when its connected.  To do that they had to do your basic directions already.

I also am having the same issue with my Droid Turbo.  My Droid Turbo 2 does it perfectly fine.

And same thing.  I connect it, select MTP, see DCIM and Pictures folder... I click on those folders and it shows empty on the PC (even if I select show hidden files).

0 Likes
MICRUD23

I believe my issue is my photos are on my sdcard and the computer can seem to look there on this phone.  I got around the issue by using a file explorer on my phone to copy chucks (since there isn't enough space, I had to do it about 5 times) of those photos to a made up directory on my phone and then I could download those to my computer.

This is very annoying - there should be a better method than this.

0 Likes