Can't load/access google account on new Droid Turbo
merled

I recently updated to a Droid Turbo and while trying to set it up I tried to add into my University email account which is managed by Google and which I have been able to add as a google account to my last 2 smart phones.  However on this one I have run into difficulty: when I try to log in to the account by any route: directly through the "add an account" on the settings page, thru the gmail app or through the google calendar app-they all do the same thing.  They all have me put in my email and password, take me to a screen that says google manages but does not own this account, if you agree to the terms and conditions then you will be taken to where you can log in and add the account.  Click agree and it takes me to log in and then it just says on my University's home screen like it's stuck and when I go back the account hasn't been added.  I would like to know how to fix this as my entire calendar is synced with that email and I would and am supposed to be reachable by email at all times according to my advisors.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Can't load/access google account on new Droid Turbo
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

merled,

I definitely know the importance of receiving on time email and updates from professors and we'd be happy to help. To be sure, you are receiving this particular message and being redirected to a website when you simply attempt to add the account to the device? Can you clarify if these are the steps that you are taking http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-118060/. Have you also confirmed that you are using the correct email settings that would be provided by your university? Some universities will have a single sign on to access student mail, so when adding the account to a device such as a smart phone, you may need to reach out to the schools IT department to have the password updated.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Can't load/access google account on new Droid Turbo
merled

I have tried both added the account as a personal email account similar to the link above and as a Google account.  It is a google account just with university.edu as the domain instead of gmail.com.  With both the personal email and the google it just stays on the university inbox like it is a webpage without ever adding the account.  Neither of the two previous smart phones I've ever I've owned has had any problem adding the account specifically as a Google account.

0 Likes