Can't receive texts or calls from a few people.
DFrez99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently got this phone, and I like it except for the fact that I can only send and receive texts from people on Verizon. I can call others, but they can't call me, or text me. It never goes through. Please help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't receive texts or calls from a few people.
DFrez99
Enthusiast - Level 2

It got fixed. It was the porting. They sent a letter telling me what's up and how to fix it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you port your number in from another carrier?  If you did, the port may not have fully completed.

Are you dialing the full 10 digit number for your contacts?

0 Likes
DFrez99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I came over from att. As far as I can tell, everything is fine except for that. Is there a quick fix or do I need to take it in?

0 Likes
DFrez99
Enthusiast - Level 2

And yes, full number

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

How long ago did you port your number in?  It can take a few days...if it's been longer than that, you may want to check with Verizon or AT&T and see if the port was successfully completed.  One or the other of them may have to help move things along.

0 Likes
DFrez99
Enthusiast - Level 2

October 4. I just noticed the issue recently. I'm sure it's been happening the whole time though. I'll probably go in to the Verizon store. Thanks for the advice.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DFrez99, this issue has been happening way too long. We're stepping in to help. Have you powred your old phone on your previous wireless network completely off? Did you power your current phone off/on to soft reset it on our network? What happens when callers try to call you?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DFrez99
Enthusiast - Level 2

It got fixed. It was the porting. They sent a letter telling me what's up and how to fix it.

0 Likes