Can't text one person
pittlvr23

Just started after a factory reset on this motorola RAZR m that customer service had me do to try and fix another problem. I now can't text my aunt. She recieved my texts before the reset. Now I get hers but she don't get mine. She's the only one I have the issue with and vice versa. I need to note that I was also sent a replacement phone for my other issue and still have the same issue.  This is a bit annoying as we are very close and lost our communication now. I've installed message+ which is what I was using before the reset. we both deleted each other from our phones and readded but still nothing. I also went into my cloud storage and re-added her as a contact through there (issue with cloud too as not all the contacts on my phone are showing up there either even after a sync).  Her number also does not show in my messaging details for my bill, which is odd (the messages show as sent when looking at my phone). Please help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't text one person
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pittlvr23,

This certainly is strange. However, if she is the ONLY person that you are not able to text, what I would recommend doing is having her reach out to Sprint. That way she can have them see if maybe something is being blocked. Everything looks good on our end. If you are still unable to text her after she reaches out to Sprint, please let us know. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Pittlvr23

That would be very annoying. Let's look into this do either of you have a signature? What device does she use? Have you recently changed devices from a different make or model?

I look forward to hearing from you and working with you.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter  @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pittlvr23

Thanks for responding... yes  it is VERY annoying!  She has a droid as do i.  neither one of us have a signature.  Like i stated in the post, this started after i did a factory reset on my phone that i was having issues with.  Since that reset, i have gotten a replacement phone but it was the same make/model of the previous phone.  i have a brand new phone coming tomorrow hopefully (switching from the motorola razr m to the samsung galaxy 5s).  tonight i went into my contacts and deleted some of the useless accounts that my contacts could be stored at.  I readded her to my contacts and made backup assistant where her info would be stored.  still no luck.  it is only her that doesn't receive my texts and i'm the only one she doesn't receive texts from.  i tend to believe that the issue is on my end because this issue started right after the factory reset on this motorola.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That seems reasonable pittlvr23. You mentioned that you are getting a new phone, and by now you should have received it. Please advise if the issue has cleared up, or if you are still experiencing problems with texting since switching to the S5. And congrats on the awesome new phone as well!

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
pittlvr23

Got my new phone and still can't text my aunt.  I had her phone and there's nothing that we can figure out that is keeping texts from going through.  She has the Galaxy S4 and is on Sprint network.  Please, please, please help me figure this out.  It's driving me insane and is so frustrating!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pittlvr23,

This certainly is strange. However, if she is the ONLY person that you are not able to text, what I would recommend doing is having her reach out to Sprint. That way she can have them see if maybe something is being blocked. Everything looks good on our end. If you are still unable to text her after she reaches out to Sprint, please let us know. Thank you.

ErinW_VZW