Cannot end out texts
wescovington
Enthusiast - Level 2

After years of having no trouble sending out texts, my Droid Razr won't send out texts. It will receive them. I have Android 4.1.2.

I have the original phone and it's been no end of misery to me in recent months. I recently cleared out the cache but that didn't help. Tech support wants me to do a factory reset.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Cannot end out texts
wescovington
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I was able to take out the SIM card. I had put the unit in a case that was hard to take off, but I managed it. I think that my texting problems are OK except that I get intermittent issues where I don't receive confirmation that a text has been sent. Some texts will have the green outgoing arrow and the status will be "unknown" although recipients say they are getting them.

Eventually the message changes status to sent.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Cannot end out texts
Not applicable

Factory reset may be required.

It could be an issue with the network by resetting features on their end but if that doesn't fix it, it's a device issue and a factory reset should fix the issue. If not then the device will need to be physically examined.

Good luck.

0 Likes
wescovington
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all, I just realized that I typed "End" instead of "Send".

Anyway, I think there may have been network issues today. Because I also had problems on the receiving end of some texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wecovington, We do hope everything is back up and running for you. If you are still having issues with messaging, Have you tried to power off device, pull SIM card for 5-10 minutes? Also have you tried to put device in safe mode and retested? http://vz.to/1he5Wgy Keep us posted as we want you back to full speed quickly.

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
wescovington
Enthusiast - Level 2
The link included doesn't work. At least not on an iPad. The SIM card cannot be pulled out of the phone unless I disassembled the phone. The texts seem to be working better now although not perfectly.
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

wescovington wrote:

The link included doesn't work. At least not on an iPad. The SIM card cannot be pulled out of the phone unless I disassembled the phone. The texts seem to be working better now although not perfectly.

The SIM card and the SD card in the DROID Razr can be accessed by the door on the side of the phone. There is no need to disassemble the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying the link wescovington. I recommend accessing it on a desktop computer or laptop versus a tablet. Ann154 is correct, the SIM can be removed. The phone is not designed to be taked apart. http://vz.to/J2z3al

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cannot end out texts
wescovington
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks. I was able to take out the SIM card. I had put the unit in a case that was hard to take off, but I managed it. I think that my texting problems are OK except that I get intermittent issues where I don't receive confirmation that a text has been sent. Some texts will have the green outgoing arrow and the status will be "unknown" although recipients say they are getting them.

Eventually the message changes status to sent.

0 Likes