Cannot shut down RAZR while connected to USB
Eebster

I don't have a wall charger, and my phone charges significantly faster while turned off. However, if I shut it down while connected to my computer (or connect it while already shut down), it will immediately turn on.

In this thread, the user was instructed to change USB Computer Connection behavior, but the instructions don't make sense on my phone (probably due to an OS update, I guess). In particular, he was told, "You have options of Mass Storage, Media Device, or Camera," while currently only the latter two options exist. Worse still, the explanation was that switching away from mass storage (the option that no longer exists) would fix the problem.

Please help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot shut down RAZR while connected to USB
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What happened to the plug that came with the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Eebster

I don't know what you mean. My phone didn't come with a wall charger. It only came with a USB cable.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you purchase it new or used?

Every new phone comes with a USB cable and the transformer plug adapter for the USB cable to attach and be plugged into the wall.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Eebster

I bought it new. I must have misplaced the adapter.

Anyway, I'm still looking for an answer to my question.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think that the phone will allow itself to be off while charging via USB mode.

Do you have any other microUSB cables with a plug adapter or phone chargers with a microUSB port? It might be worth buying another wall charger.

0 Likes
Eebster

With respect, I'm asking for an answer to a specific question, not life tips.

There are obviously times I will want to charge from a laptop, which is why that feature exists. I just want to know if there is a way to charge it from a computer while it is turned off, as there evidently used to be before an update that seems to have removed functionality from the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping your phone charged is important but I can understand why you are worried about the device turning on while connected to the USB. My phone will turn on also while charging. Are you using any battery saving apps? Do you have any of your online verizon applications open on your computer when charging? AT times, your phone will detect open items it may need to sync with. Try closing any programs that may relate to your phone, then charge phone with it being off.

Keep posted.

KinquanaH_VZW'
follow us on twitter @vzwsupport.com

0 Likes
Eebster

So the answer is that it is no longer possible to charge your droid through a computer while it is turned off? Even though earlier this year that was possible?

Is there a reason for this change?

0 Likes