Cant search update
Drneely

Recently my phone has been saying cant search for updates at this time. Doesnt matter if im on wifi or 4G. Anyone else having this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cant search update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to keep you updated to offer you the best device experience, Drneely. Are you scanning for operating system updates or app updates? Is this through certain menu options or displayed at random from home screen?
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Drneely

If you looked at what i typed it doesnt say app update. It is for the operating system update check through settings and check for update.

0 Likes
Demon627

I'm having this same issue. Received the Maxx as a replacement for my broken razr hd, and no matter if on WiFi or mobile network it constantly tells me it can't check for updates. Also, places I always got strong 4g coverage with the razr hd is now  getting slow 3g network. Phone always says I'm roaming, when my wife's phone works fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have a working phone and great service Demon627. I'm sorry your phone is searching for updates and showing roaming status. This is not the experience we want you to have.

Where are you located? Lets try a SIM Card pull to help with the service issues. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1u9aVI2 . Please tell us what software you have on phone. Select Apps >Settings >ABout phone> System version > Baseband version. We will let you know if the software is up to date.

KinquanaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Demon627

System version:

24.3.7.obake-maxx_Verizon.Verizon.en.us

Baseband version:

MSM8960Pro_BP_23255.132.81.00R

Phone still says I'm roaming after sim pull, and will not check for updates. Says I'm not in home network. Will not check for updates over WiFi either

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that step Demon627. I know this is becoming frustrating but we wont give up on this issue. Where are you located (zipcode)? Any new apps on your device?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Demon627

Zip is 28659. Had great coverage on my last phone at my home and work. I've only had this phone a week, it's a new phone Replacement for my razr hd. It's been like this since I got it out of the box. So apps aren't the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate knowing the details about the device, Demon627. I now have a good idea why there may have been trouble getting updates. The area you're in is what we refer to as the Extended Network Service area. In that area, the service you get is provided by a Verizon Wireless partner that actually holds right to coverage. While you should have no problems making and recieving calls and messages, and get great data connection, your updates can meet challenges.

I recommend getting the device closer to or within the Verizon Wireless coverage are to try your updates again. There are stronger areas of Verizon coverage just south of your zip code. You can use our online Coverage Map (http://vz.to/18Mbqt8 ) to find the best spot.

DionM_VZW

0 Likes