Car mount
Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Ive been trying to find a suitable car mount for my maxx . I use a vacuum type windshield mount in my truck which works wonder full. The way my car is  designed that a windshield mount would be too far away for me to reach safely. Ive tried the stick on mounts but i have a really textured interior and they come unstuck in short order. Ive run across one that actually slides in the cd slot and would put the phone in an ideal location. The problem with this is it looks so flimsy that i dont think it  would last long without breaking off in the cd slot. Has anyone tried one of these or have any ideas?                                                                                                                                             Jesse

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Car mount
Not applicable

Jaxle67 wrote:

Ive been trying to find a suitable car mount for my maxx . I use a vacuum type windshield mount in my truck which works wonder full. The way my car is  designed that a windshield mount would be too far away for me to reach safely. Ive tried the stick on mounts but i have a really textured interior and they come unstuck in short order. Ive run across one that actually slides in the cd slot and would put the phone in an ideal location. The problem with this is it looks so flimsy that i dont think it  would last long without breaking off in the cd slot. Has anyone tried one of these or have any ideas?                                                                                                                                             Jesse

Just a thought, I once had a friend that used a small device that routed his cell calls through his audio system speakers.

In NY having a phone mounted in your dash would probably not be legal but a full featured bluetooth ear device is allowed for making and receiving calls.

They are passing so many laws on cellular devices that it is hard to keep up.

There was also some device on tv that held your phone like a sticky pad which they showed the phone within reach and yet it did not slide off the dash. They may also sell these at auto parts stores. I know Boscovs carries loads of the as seen on tv gadgets.

0 Likes
Not applicable

http://www.amazon.com/Amzer-Universal-Non-Slip-Weighted-Beanbag/dp/B002LZUQMY

There are tons of devices such as this.  Also tons of blue tooth FM transmitters.  Almost everyone has one now if they don't have a wired connection to their car radio system.  I have this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000S5VI8A/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jaxle67
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks  I dont need it for calls so much as my car already has blue tooth built in it. I do use the navigation on the phone quite a bit as my car  wasnt ordered with that option. I have one of those sticky pads which acually work quite well. i dont think ill shake it out the window anytime soon though. I might go get one that slides in the cd slot to try out.  Ive been reading up and looks like pioneer might offer up a android powered touchscreen for autos sometime in the near future. They already have one thats geared toward i phones but i want a dedicated android based one before i start with my dash.Time will tell.I will try it out and if it looks like its gonna break off then ill take it out and give it to one of my co workers whom has a 19.95 dollar general phone which is almost weightless.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Jaxie you might Try a Vent Holder to set your phone in One like the one i have pictured here i have one and it works very Well to hold my phone..

VENT PACK XL.jpg

0 Likes