Cell Stand By Drains Battery
Pcrosleysmith

I am experiencing a recent increase in cell phone stand by usage that is draining my battery. Other app usage remains unchanged but stand by is suddenly about half of total usage. Can you explain and help me correct this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Cell Stand By Drains Battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pcrosleysmith, we know the importance of being able to have a phone with great battery life. We are here to help with that power issue. 

Typically, cell phone stand by usage is caused by the phone not seeing out towers very well. This can occur when in an area that does not have great coverage or while indoors, since the structure can block service.

What zip code are you located at where this is happening? Have you updated your phone with our network recently? If not here is a link with steps on how you can http://vz.to/2svHJOg 

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pcrosleysmith

Hello ... My zip code is 16316 and there has been no change on my location

coordinate the location of the nearest cell tower since this problem

surfaced. Also, I am getting an error message when I try to access the web

site you provided: "An unexpected error has occurred"

Please send

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018, 11:46 AM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the link from the community website and not from the email notification of the post. Reset Network Settings - DROID TURBO by Motorola | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes