Charging issues
anthonystrom

My turbo 2 isn't charging and turbo power isn't working

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Charging issues
Ruth1234567

I don't have an answer for you because my phone(its old,) the I phone 4s isn't charging.   This issue has been going on for 6 months.  Verizon, hasn't been a help.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried a different charger? Different electrical outlet? Does it work on a wireless charging pad if you have one?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jbartORWACO

I have just started having the same problem with my Turbo 2.  It happened last week then it started working normally and it is now happening again.  The phone will recognize when it is plugged in.  It can sometimes tell when it is connected to the Turbo Charger and will say TurboPower (turned on or turned off).  It will sometimes recognize another charger or USB.  It does not charge on anything at all until the battery is significantly drained then "magically" it will start Turbo Charging only.  This then takes over 2 hours to reach a full charge.  It is really freaky to have you phone not recognize any charger when it is only at 25% battery life.  Then to suddenly have it start to charge at 18%.  I am really worried that it is just going to completely stop all together and there is nothing I can do until then.  I have tried a soft reset.  That does nothing.  I tried it turned on, nothing.  I tried it turned off, nothing.  I tried it in safe mode, nothing.  I can't find anything anywhere on this issue and I really don't want to factory reset just for the fun of it.  Somebody please help.

0 Likes
jbartORWACO

Also, there is no apparent damage to the phone or the charger.  Now, sometimes when plugged in, it will recognize TurboPower, state that it is charging on AC and stay that way without charging until I unplug it.  Occasionally it will state that it is charging on USB when plugged into the Turbo Charger and still not charge at all.  Also, I did try to turn on power save mode then plug it in.  It immediately turned off the power save mode and stated it was Turbo Charging, but it does not charge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your device stays charged, jbartORWACO. Do you happen to know if there is any dust or debris in the charging port? Does the charger work with other devices?
TimothyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Jbartorwaco, It is no fun having issues with a device related to charing concerns. Let me help to get it fixed. Have you tried checking the on the device overall health when it coms to the battery? Here'e a link to assist http://tiny.cc/we3day and keep us posted.
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jbartORWACO

-There is no apparent dust or debris in the charging port on the phone or the charger.  I shut off the phone and very gently cleaned out the charging port with the end of a toothpick and found less than I even expected.  It did not change the charging behavior.

-I have no way of checking with other devices as it is the only device I own that is Turbo Charge capable.

-The device health check provides 1 item for review "GPS is ON" and I use the Navigation regularly so I prefer not to toggle that on and off a couple times a day especially since battery life seems great.

0 Likes
jbartORWACO

Also, today after running the battery down below 50% and fiddling with the connection for a couple minutes the phone charged fully, but it did so at regular speed ( 1.5hrs from 50%-100%) even though it stated "Turbo Charge."

0 Likes