Completely reset on own - even to another language
doxnd1

I charged my Droid Razr M overnight last night and woke this morning to everything being erased - all apps, e-mails, texts, contacts, photos, everything.  On top of that, the language appeared to be an Asian (Japanese?) language.  It was bizarre, nothing like this has happened before.  I have been able to get it back to English and get stuff back but I want to know what happened, can it be prevented from happening again and if anyone knows why it happened?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Completely reset on own - even to another language
Not applicable

Ghosts.

But seriously it's probably an issue with the software. Might need an update or another factory reset.

Or maybe a malevolent room mate?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry your device suddenly erased all your content overnight doxnd1. This is strange because the only time your phone resets is if you initiate it with a factory reset or software update that may change some of the options and functionalities on your phone. Do you recall your phone alerting you of an update or do you recall clicking the hard reset option? I'm glad you got all your information back. As long as you don't hard reset your phone, you are able to prevent this from occuring. Please keep us posted?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
ElizaHannon

HI doxnd1 - this same exact thing happened to me Smiley Sad

When you say you've been able to get it back to english and get stuff back - how did you do that? I restored it to english and synced my gmail contacts but all of my photos are still gone!

0 Likes
ehl0924

Hi doxnd1 - this also happened to me, however I ended up in German instead of Japanese.

I also have the same question - how did you get your stuff back?! I can't get my photos or anything back. Smiley Sad

Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ehl0924, let's get it back to how it use to be. Which make/model phone do you have? Click on http://vz.to/1kDL3MI for device support to retrieve the steps on how to change the language preference on your device.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes