Confused, check for update not available
jayslay

I have the Droid Razr and I have been checking for the system update to jelly bean since its available now, and when I go to my settings, about phone, system updates and it tells me check for update not available.  Is this something on Motorola's end or is there anything that can be done?  Or am I stuck just waiting until it just pops up on my screen saying update available.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Confused, check for update not available
Not applicable

Try rebooting your phone.

0 Likes
jayslay

I have turned it off, and did the reboot with holding down the volume down and power button simultaneously and still have the same message.  Did everything short of doing factory data reset.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Assuming you haven't modified your phone, you should probably be OK.  Give it a day or two and the JB update will probably show up.  It's being phased in of course.  If you have modified your phone, you need to get it back to stock.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Now I own this phone and since verizon is always slow with their updates I went to droid life and downloaded the jelly bean update file there. follow the directions and you will be ok.

the jelly bean is not too bad. a few changes to the os, but not really a big improvement from ice cream sandwich.

now I understand Key Lime Pie is getting to roll out. however on this service you will not see that update for years after other companies give it to their customers.

of course if your phone works as it should, you can wait for any updates.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your efforts, jayslay. Thanks jimfitzgerald for your help. It appears that you've taken all the necessary steps, plus a few more to ensure that you receive the update. It's been a few weeks now. Did you receive the update? If not, I can have it pushed to your device. Let me know, I'm here for you.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes