Connecting to the right network
bilgriffith

At home I have a personal wireless network as well as a secure wireless network which goes to my office. I usually want my razr maxx to join my personal network but many times it joins the work network instead, so some pages don't load, etc.

How can I configure the razr to join my private network by default and I can join the work network on the rare occasion? I know I can delete the work network, but then I will have to re-auth every time I need to connect to it, and that's a hassle.

Thanks,

Bill Griffith

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Connecting to the right network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good Afternoon bilgriffith! I appreciate your interest in maintaining the most beneficial wifi connection for your personal and business needs. If you are in a location with multiple wifi connections, your phone can connect to either network randomly. I'm sorry there is not a specific wifi setting that would force the device to only connect to one wifi source. I recommend deleting the work wifi if you are only using it seldomly and then reactivate it when needed.

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Connecting to the right network
bilgriffith

Thanks for the response. That is what I ended up doing. This looks like it could be a feature request moving forward.

Bill Griffith

0 Likes