Connectivity for some apps doesn't work while connected to Wifi.
Jur
Enthusiast - Level 2

Picked up the Droid Turbo yesterday, connected to my wifi at home and started downloading some of the old apps. I noticed right away that most if not all of the icons for the apps in the Play store weren't loading, but everything was downloading normally so I ignored it. Everything finishes, I start signing into things, everything seems to work except for Facebook and Snapchat.

I had a very tough time signing into either of these apps first of all, both of them giving me an odd message about "Login failed: an error occurred during sign in please try again later." I'm literally 2ft from the router now so I brush it off, eventually Facebook lets me in after a restart of the phone but nothing is really loading. Text displays but any and all pictures do not show and just perpetually load. Snapchat doesn't budge at all, I can't sign into my account, reset my password, reinstall the app, nothing helps.

I disable wifi and hop on 4g: both work flawlessly. I've reset my router, I've reinstalled both apps, I've tried several other wifi signals, these apps only refresh and are able to be effectively used while not connected to wifi. Considering these are two of the higher bandwidth apps I can't just ride this out.

I haven't been able to find anyone else with this same sort of issue in all my googlings. Any advice?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Connectivity for some apps doesn't work while connected to Wifi.
Jur
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

So when the phone is in "Sleep" mode (Via "Moto app auto option) everything works fine. I set sleep mode to last from 6am till 5am so for now I don't seem to notice that the trouble is occurring and I'm not seeing what "Sleep mode" is doing differently beyond saying it's in sleep mode (turned off the option to auto silence the ringer).

Would like for this to work normally but for the time being there is a work around at least!

0 Likes
Jur
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been a week and no response yet to the initial trouble. While the above work-around has been successful I'm a little surprised that I haven't seen a single reply to this post yet. Is there any information on this particular issue that I'm encountering? Is this device specific? Should I be returning my phone for another Turbo?

MayOui
Enthusiast - Level 2

See my post on problems with FB and WiFi under "problems with OTA 21.44.12". Sound familiar?

0 Likes