Re: Consistent Data Issues Even After Replacement
durb69
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have insurance yes!  I hope they replace the phone because its defective though.  One can hope right? Smiley Happy ha ha.

0 Likes
Patriot8573

be persistant. if first operator says no, call back! good luck

0 Likes
phhhabian
Enthusiast - Level 2

Also have insurance on this side, I will try to ask a rep again. I think I'm a little too nice I have to be stern and mention 310 DOLLARS A MONTH several times when speaking to them.

0 Likes
Patriot8573

yikes....$300/month???? with that fee verizon should be bowing down to you....

0 Likes
phhhabian
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it is ridiculous but the service you get is what you pay for. When my phone works I won't cry about it, but because my phone is having difficulties performing basic functions like maintaining a signal I will whine. I have had the other three major carriers and despite their lower prices they just didn't work out for me whatsoever. T-mobile had unreliable phones and shady bill practices, Sprint had horrible data speeds and somewhat unreliable customer service, AT&T was a complete bait and switch and just did not work in my own house, and now Verizon is having trouble with their RAZR. If I can somehow get the money to buy a new phone I would, but when there are 4 of them with the same problems it's absolutely ridiculous. Why would I shell out $2500+ just to make sure our phones work when I have already paid Verizon that much money for 8 months of good service. Verizon is making a boat load off of customers like me who love their network, but they can't do anything for those who are suffering with phones that are having problems. Can someone from Verizon help me out here???

0 Likes
CrystalMarie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes! I am in Arizona and have been experiencing the same issue for a week and a half. Verizon's 2nd tier tech support has nothing to offer and say they haven't heard of this issue. So... I'm frustrated and don't know what to do. I used to have the LG Revolution which in itself was a horrible phone but I could at least keep it on 3G.

**Just spoke to Verizon again, they just said that they ARE aware of this issue and it's nation wide.. also there is an update that should resolve it but there is not release date for it!**

0 Likes
B33
Legend

So Far i haven't had any issues Crystal have you heard of Motorola's Restore Connectivity App that's in the PlayStore if you can get your Razr to Work Long enough to Go to the Store try Downloading it There.. i'll Provide a Link that you can also go to the Store if you have a Computer and send the App to your Phone Via that Way...  Good Luck and i hope everything straightens out for Ya.!   b33Smiley Happy

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.android.restoreapn.droidrazr&feature=nav_...

phhhabian
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: If anyone is still reading this post I reached out to tech support. I was transferred to a tier 2 technician, if that means anything, and he was quite helpful. Alas, he did not solve my issues, in fact they have gotten worse to the point where I can't make a phone call or even send a text for at least a whole minute. He had issued a ticket for my area and said a tech would have checked it out by last Thursday (that's the 12th of October if you're following my post). He called me back on Thursday to say that the tower was fine and so was the connection with my phones. He also said that he reached out to Motorola asking about the issues with the RAZR. Turns out, surprise surprise, it is related to a software issue with the ice cream sandwich update. To make me feel better he said that my phones would be one of the first in receiving the updates. So that was a nice week hoping I'd fix my issue. I, as probably many other people, have no idea when Motorola or Verizon will put out this software update and am expecting it to fix the connection issues with my phone. This is becoming ridiculous, but so long as I get decent signal sometimes I won't be up in arms about restitution and cancellation. At least the Ipad maintains a 4G LTE connection.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well then i would Do a Factory Reset it's not as say so Take the Plunge and it come out Better

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey phhabian!

Wow! You certainly have done a lot of work here. I apologize that your issues have still not been resolved. I have to say that there must be something with the device that is causing the issue. Especially if your iPad get 4G and you have had a ticket issued and come back, there isn't a problem in the network. That's the good news! Now, for what we need to change, I see you already tried downloading the Restore Connectivity Settings application. It did not work? It was developed by Motorola to fix any connection issues you may be having. Also, when all of this started happening, had you downloaded anything in particular (app/file/e-mail)? I know that battery saver applications can still effect a device even after uninstallation. Let's also try the phone without the memory card (or take it out and save all wanted files and format as well) and make sure there isn't a file that is transferred between devices that is causing the issue. We will get this working.

Thanks!
MichelleG_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes