Constant Backup Assistant+ notifications
JakeMHS

I have a RAZR M. Today I started getting constantly pestered by Backup Assistant+. It seems to follow this pattern

-A notification appears saying "Tap here to configure your settings."

-Whether or not I tap it, my screen is taken over by "Just a minute while we prepare this application for use"

-I can clear this temporarily by hitting the Home button, but it will just start the cycle again in a few minutes. If I don't clear it, I get an error saying there was a problem, and to call some number if it persists. The error code is 1000.

This is extraordinarily annoying and drains my batter like crazy. I have tried rebooting and force-stopping Backup Assistant+ through the apps menu and nothing works. Please help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Constant Backup Assistant+ notifications
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

The same thing happened to my wife's phone last night.  I called and spoke to Verizon tech support and they said they were aware of it.  Yes, it is related to the recent system update.  The recent update replaced Backup Assistant + with the new Verizon Cloud app.  However, the newest Cloud app is version 13.5.30.9 and that seems to be the problem.  I installed the new Cloud app on my phone (also a Razr M) a few weeks ago and it is version 13.5.30.6, and it works great.  When I mentioned this to Verizon, they didn't seem to know that there were two different Cloud app versions.  Here is what I did to stop the Alert on her phone:

Update the Cloud app in the Play Store (if you uninstall the updates, it makes the problem worse, I tried that.  She got the Alert every 10-20 seconds after I uninstalled the Cloud app updates, so it seems like you have to have version 13.5.30.9)

To get the Alert to stop I went to Settings > Apps > scroll over to All Apps and Force Stop everything that said Verizon or had the Verizon logo.  The Alert stopped popping up.

Then I went back to Settings > Apps > scroll over to All Apps and selected Clear Data and Clear Cache on every app that said Verizon or had the Verizon logo.

Rebooted the phone and so far...so good.  It's been about 8 hours without the Alert message.  I don't plan on opening the new Cloud app again until there is some kind of update, because that might cause the Alert to come back.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

mazzynicholas

I've got the same phone as you, and the exact same has been happening to me... Kinda wondering if it has something to do with the update I got yesterday.

0 Likes
Scott5337
Contributor - Level 3

The same thing happened to my wife's phone last night.  I called and spoke to Verizon tech support and they said they were aware of it.  Yes, it is related to the recent system update.  The recent update replaced Backup Assistant + with the new Verizon Cloud app.  However, the newest Cloud app is version 13.5.30.9 and that seems to be the problem.  I installed the new Cloud app on my phone (also a Razr M) a few weeks ago and it is version 13.5.30.6, and it works great.  When I mentioned this to Verizon, they didn't seem to know that there were two different Cloud app versions.  Here is what I did to stop the Alert on her phone:

Update the Cloud app in the Play Store (if you uninstall the updates, it makes the problem worse, I tried that.  She got the Alert every 10-20 seconds after I uninstalled the Cloud app updates, so it seems like you have to have version 13.5.30.9)

To get the Alert to stop I went to Settings > Apps > scroll over to All Apps and Force Stop everything that said Verizon or had the Verizon logo.  The Alert stopped popping up.

Then I went back to Settings > Apps > scroll over to All Apps and selected Clear Data and Clear Cache on every app that said Verizon or had the Verizon logo.

Rebooted the phone and so far...so good.  It's been about 8 hours without the Alert message.  I don't plan on opening the new Cloud app again until there is some kind of update, because that might cause the Alert to come back.

Hope that helps.