Constantly getting "Unfortunately, the process com.motorola.process.systems has stopped." error message after the new security firmware update.
Nymo

Saw that there was a new update for my Droid Turbo today according to the notification, which seems to be just a security update.

I let my phone do it's thing on a full battery, still plugged into the charger, and after the update, that "Unfortunately, the process com.motorola.process.systems has stopped." error message just keeps popping up.

It appears that everything on my phone is still there, as evidence to all my apps and folders still laid out the same way on my home screen, but I cannot interact with practically anything else on my phone without that popping up.

Other error messages also appear after I try to "OK" out of the repeating messages. It seems other parts of the phone/apps have "stopped working".

I have turned on and off my phone several time now and it keeps doing the same thing.

I use my phone for work, so this is really distressing for me knowing that, if not fixed, I'm out of a job until then.

Thanks for any help!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Constantly getting "Unfortunately, the process com.motorola.process.systems has stopped." error message after the new security firmware update.
Nymo

For the record: The short of it all is that I cannot get this resolved. I went through with Verizon support over Twitter and we tried various things: Removing and reinserting SIM card, going into safe mode, going into recovery mode and factory reset the phone...and despite all that, the same "Unfortunately, the process com.motorola.process.systems has stopped" error message still showed up. Even after the factory reset!

Basically: Maybe don't update your Droid Turbo just yet. I was holding off all day and decided to just update my phone, and that was a big mistake.

0 Likes
Re: Constantly getting "Unfortunately, the process com.motorola.process.systems has stopped." error message after the new security firmware update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nicolo,

Updating software on the phone should be an easy task with enhancements that will help improve the experience with your device. I am concerned to hear that was not the case with your phone but we will work to get this resolved for you.Have you tried booting the phone in safe mode to see if it functions without the error message? You can follow the link here http://vz.to/1tnrCKw to test it. Keep us posted on if this works or not for you.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the phone still under warranty?  If so, I'd get a replacement, pronto!  If Verizon won't work with you, then call Motorola.  For the record, I did the update on my Turbo and haven't had any issues (it's been about 36 hours and I've been able to do all the things I normally do).

Do you have an older phone, or one you can borrow, to activate a a spare until the warranty replacement arrives?  If the phone is out of warranty and you have no insurance, you may have to find a new phone.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes