DROID RAZR M Battery issues
Richard-in-Brooklyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

The battery on my Droid Razr M just recently started dying quickly. Even if I'm not actively using the phone, it runs out of power in about three hours.

Do I need to have my phone replaced? Or is there something I can do? The problem seemed to begin a month or so ago, after a mandatory software upgrade.

Thanks.

Labels (2)
Re: DROID RAZR M Battery issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Richard-in-Brooklyn

I'm sorry to hear about the sudden trouble with your battery on the Razr M! Let's check into our options to resolve this. Were any new applications added to the phone recently? Does this continue if you place the device into Safe Mode for 24 hours? Here's how: http://vz.to/LZzdS9

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Richard-in-Brooklyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. I'll try what you suggested.

The only thing new that occurred was a software upgrade, which happened

automatically one day.

Richard

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Llanowar
Enthusiast - Level 2

What is safe mode and what exactly will it do? Will it hinder the RAZR m in any way? Would I have full functionality while in safe mode?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Safe mode temporarily disables the downloaded applications and forces the phone to function with only the factory installed applications. This troubleshooting methods allows you to determine if issues occur or not in a "factory fresh" state. If issues don't happen during safe mode, then one of the downloaded applications is causing the problem/conflict. If the issues do occur, then you might have a hardware problem.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

elady

How do you switch to safe mode

0 Likes