DROID RAZR does not show time, weather, battery level in circles on home page
AJay01
Enthusiast - Level 1

My 11 month old Droid RAZR M by Motorola has for some unknown reason stopped showing the three circles on the home page that indicate current local time, weather conditions and battery charge level. (See the circles in the attached image, below the Google search box.)

Can anyone suggest how to restore that app without having to do a hard reset of the device.?

I do not know, if a hard reset will in fact fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

AJ

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DROID RAZR does not show time, weather, battery level in circles on home page
B33
Legend

AJ if you haven't tried running a Power cycle I would try that. if that doesn't get them returned I would then do a Clearing of the Cache Partition it's not as strong in cleaning an F.R. is but it could clear enough to get your Widgets back, to find your widgets tap your Apps on the main screen > Look to the top you should see All Apps <> Widgets tap widgets then scroll either to the right or left this will scroll through the page of widgets they should be in this page..

Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving.. Smiley Happy b33

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: DROID RAZR does not show time, weather, battery level in circles on home page
B33
Legend

AJ if you haven't tried running a Power cycle I would try that. if that doesn't get them returned I would then do a Clearing of the Cache Partition it's not as strong in cleaning an F.R. is but it could clear enough to get your Widgets back, to find your widgets tap your Apps on the main screen > Look to the top you should see All Apps <> Widgets tap widgets then scroll either to the right or left this will scroll through the page of widgets they should be in this page..

Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving.. Smiley Happy b33

0 Likes
AJay01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks a bunch, B33.

I got educated a bit from your helpful answer. In the past, I had not noticed the widgets section on the Apps page. In fact, did not even know that some of items installed are called widgets! For the first time, I found the circles widget (and other widgets) in that section and was able to restore it to the main page. Great!

Out of technical curiosity, ... I remain ignorant about when or how to clear a Cache Partition or the term cleaning an F.R..

AJ

B33
Legend

Your Welcome Glad I could I help ya..  Have a Good weekend..  have a look at this below..

Yea there not to bad to run and once you learn the process it's like riding a bicycle it might throw ya those first couple of times but ya dust your boots off jump back and show that bicycle who's boss that's the way i learned riding my bicycle and with running these things on my phones..

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/93162/p/30,6720,8577

Instructions for Cache Clear - Razr M

1. Ensure the phone is powered off.
2. Simultaneously press and hold the Power button+Volume up key  until Android system recovery screen (exclamation point with an android  figure) appears then release.
3. From the Android system recovery screen, press and hold the  Volume down key, press the Volume up key then release Volume up followed  by releasing Volume down.  (Read this carefully and do what it says.)
4. Select wipe wipe cache partition from the blue menu that is presented.
  Use the volume keys to navigate and highlight, then the Power button to select.
5. Select Yes -- wipe cache partition.
  Allow several seconds for the wipe cache partition process to complete.
6. Select reboot system now.

Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete

0 Likes
Sharyn-NJ

It is called the CIRCLES widget.  Go to Apps, then the tab on top to Widgets.  Press and hold the circles widget to move it to your preferred page.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Circle Widget is not available on this particular phone, there is however apps on the Google play store that will work in similar fashion as the circle Widgets.. b33

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The OP has a Razr M, and AFAIK, it has the circles widget.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I know & before I could change what i wrote it was too Late.. my Maxx has the same things more in likely if the widget isn't showing then the phone needs to be power cycled then it should show up in Widget draw as sharyn-NJ stated..

excuse my mistake.. b

0 Likes
Joanneakcer
Enthusiast - Level 1

To bcc - u just helped the helpless.  Thank you,