DROID Razr M won't charge or come on
KaitenV

Right now I'm looking at my Razr M plugged into the wall with the solid green LED and it will not turn on. Moments ago the battery was at 3% and it said "discharging" while plugged in and it should have been saying "charging". The green LED is solid, but the phone will not turn on. Please help, and also how long does it usually take the charge. I can't get the battery charge level logo to show up while the phone is powered off.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: DROID Razr M won't charge or come on
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Since the last battery level that you saw was 3%, I'd let the phone charge a while before attempting to turn it back on.  After an hour (or longer), try turning the phone on again.  If it doesn't power up, try holding the power and volume down buttons simultaneously and see if that re-boots the phone.

0 Likes
KaitenV

I did and it powered up, but says it's only charged to 5%. It also says discharging and not charging or plugged in while it is plugged in. What does this mean? I really don't want to have to bring back my phone.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could be an issue with the phone, the charging port, or the charger/USB cable.  If you've had your phone less than 14 days, it can be replaced due to defects.

0 Likes
KaitenV

It's been 18 days, will they still replace it? Are there any ways to configure it so it charges, it's self powering off again now. Now that it's off with the green light again, how do I make the battery logo show up while it's off?

If there was a problem with the charging port, wouldn't the green light be off?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it's a manufacturing defect, you have a one-year warranty ... but it more than likely would be replaced with a refurbished phone rather than a new one.

0 Likes
KaitenV

Now the green LED is off and the phone does nothing. Does the phone still charge even with no LED?

0 Likes