DROID TURBO....BOO
jjshepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am still having major issues with my Turbo...powering down, dropping calls, not having service...I have hard reset, factory reset, new SIM Card...I am at the end of my rope...please help

Labels (2)
Re: DROID TURBO....BOO
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like you have taken all steps that Verizon Tech Support would have asked you to take.  I might contact Verizon via another phone or via Live Chat to request a warranty replacement.

0 Likes
jjshepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah...it sounds like that is what I am going to have to do...when I Live Chat with someone last evening they told me I have to pay the remaining balance plus $299 (b/c phone is not is good working condition) in order to edge...now while I understand the remaining balance, the $299 for phone not being in good working condition, b/c of it having manufacture issues isn't my issue....and when I mention warranty replacement they change the subject....

anyone have a thought? maybe a Verizon Rep?

I am at my end and ready to just take my business elsewhere.

Snn5
Legend

You really should fight for the warranty replacement, since, it is under warranty so long as it is software and not your fault.  I have had to do this upwards of 3 times in a year before, and each time it was OTA update related.

B33
Legend

At lest try that or see if the store will allow transfer into another Device doing this is a long shot but the manager of your local store may allow it.

jjshepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

spent time on phone again this morning with CS and they want me to do another master reset and slowly load apps and what not back onto phone to see if it is an app issue...now I will be doing this for the 3rd time as they have requested and it still has made no difference, but being that they can see ALL activity I will again do as they ask. CSR did mention warranty exchange but she wanted me to do this...again...and she is going to touch base with me on the 17th, which really is a bunch of.....but whatever they want, I mean I am the customer, for now that is...

time to start shopping other carriers

Snn5
Legend

While it is true that they can "see" what apps and free memory you have on the phone, they are to ask permission first...but I can tell you that they don't.  You may or may not be the type of person who dislikes having to use a firm hand, but in this case more than 2 factory resets is nuts.

jjshepps
Enthusiast - Level 3

I totally agree...I think I need to have a blunt conversation with Verizon. This has gotten old...and I never did give them permission to view my stuff, not that I care that much; I am also not doing another factory reset considering the last 2 did nothing.