DROID Turbo (1st gen) -Annoying Location Consent dialog box.
preyingmantis

How do you get rid of the Location Consent dialog box every time you turn on GPS/location? If you don't hit AGREE and instead hit DISAGREE, the GPS/location feature will not turn on. Running Lollipop 5.1. There has to be an option other than rooting the phone.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DROID Turbo (1st gen) -Annoying Location Consent dialog box.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Preyingmantis, I know that the consent box can seem very redundant. The reason it comes up is because the government requires manufacturers, Google, and your carrier to ask permission for your location. That isn't an option that can be turned off in settings.

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Perhaps you could leave the location on and not turn it off?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
preyingmantis

Not an option seeing as I have had Android OS phones for many years, this is the first time I have encountered this particular problem with a location settings warning. They are suppose to have a check box that says "Check here to prevent this dialog box from reappearing", something to that effect.  Android OS is supposed to get better, easier, more reliable, with every new update/version, looks like in this area 5.1 took a step backward. Like the removal of the restart option, that's another doozy. Anyway, my battery life isn't that great to begin with so leaving location on all the time is certainly not an attractive option.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I leave my GPS on all the time and I don't have battery issues. I have a smaller battery then the Droid Turbo.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! We want to ensure your device is fitting all your needs. Does this only occur when attempting to use maps for directions?
KleoL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
preyingmantis

Getting directions really has nothing to do with the problem. The problem is the LOCATION CONSENT DIALOG BOX that pops up EVERY TIME GPS/Location is enabled. I don't see a way to disable the dialog box from popping up EVERY TIME I turn on GPS/Location. This seems completely unnecessary and redundant.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried leaving GPS on for a couple of days to compare the battery usage? The GPS will only draw power when it actively being used. It doesn't use power constantly.

0 Likes
preyingmantis

I could try that but, leaving something on when I know it has an off switch, just bothers me. Imagine leaving the lights on at your house for no reason, even though the switch is right on the wall. It's kind of like that. There is a reason the on/off switch is there. Just that stupid message is the problem.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I, too, leave location on all the time.  The reason the consent pops up is a security feature.  Location is meant to be left on,as many apps use it.  At least, many of my apps - my stores, I do use my maps for directions often, weather, news, alerts, etc.  A lot of my apps incorporate my location - so I leave it on and it doesn't seem to affect my battery.

I guess you need to decide which is more annoying - the pop up or leaving location on.  I don't think there is a way to circumvent the warning when enabling location.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Preyingmantis, I know that the consent box can seem very redundant. The reason it comes up is because the government requires manufacturers, Google, and your carrier to ask permission for your location. That isn't an option that can be turned off in settings.

MarcusS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes