Data connection loss
nabs511
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been a Verizon customer for about 12 years and have never experienced a problem like this. Last month I noticed my Motorola Droid Razr was having battery charge drop rapidly (had times of 50% loss in less than an hour with no usage of phone, screen off) and noticed dropping of signal. I have the extended coverage so had phone replaced with a refurbished phone and noticed that signal was still dropping out, so yesterday I went to a Verizon store and was given a new sim card. The new sim card has improved overall signal reception but I am still spending more time with no data connection or intermittent data connection. I am working at same location for 10+ years and drive same route of 35+ miles to/from work and have no data signal for most of the time away from home, at home I am on wifi.  

Labels (2)
Re: Data connection loss
ChuckieBoomboom
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Droid Razr suddenly started losing all of it's battery in less than half a day also, about a month before I was due to end my current 2 year contract. I have read about others losing battery life and the phone slowing down as it neared end of contract also. Seems a but unusual to me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nabs511,

Your business is truly valued and we want to help provide you with the best possible connection! We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

What is the zip code for the area in which you are experiencing these issues? Is this effecting both voice, data and text? Is there any physical/liquid damage on the device?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nabs511
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since I had sim card replaced it is the data connection that is intermittent, data loss in cities of Ontario, Fontana, Colton, and San Bernadino (on way to work, don't know zip codes) and at work in Redlands (92373) and at home in Chino (91710). Have a replacement phone (I.e. probably another refurbished piece of junk) already being sent, as yesterday I stopped at Verizon store in Redlands for continuing issue.

My phone has no damage, is refurbished phone I received about 3 weeks ago after other had battery issue and signal issue.

0 Likes
nabs511
Enthusiast - Level 2

Usually average right around 5GB of data usage a month, halfway through my month and have used less than 1GB.

Loss of data connection is affecting my work, wasn't able to receive/respond to emails from manager and client in a timely manner. If phone I am set to receive tomorrow doesn't stabilize data connection I will take my business elsewhere.

0 Likes
nabs511
Enthusiast - Level 2

"new" phone received and still having same issue .... getting error message when trying to upload screen shots, screen shots taken in 15 minutes, first and third were showing no data connection and second s reenacted shot was with a data connection at 1X

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details nabs511. I see you referenced multiple zip codes in the previous post; therefore this does sound more equipment related versus location/network. I'm sorry to hear the replacement hasn't improved things. Did you restore all your apps and settings when you activated it?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
nabs511
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did restore contacts, settings. Did not download all apps, as I received third phone today (third phone in a month, second that is specifically for intermittent data connection). Updated Gmail, My Verizon, Hangouts and downloaded QQ. (Use Hangouts and QQ to talk to fiance in Australia, as data is cheaper than calling).

Phone was working good until I spent about 40 minutes on wifi, then phone has not reestablished data connection and have now spent almost an hour without a data connection. Have had phone on, in use for just over 5 hours.

In a normal month I average right around 5GB of data used, this month is now a couple days over halfway through and I have used less than 1.5 GB of data, had multiple calls through various apps that use data be dropped, messages through apps not go through

I am getting tired of the lack of real service or actual help as all that seems to be able to be done is having another refurbished phone sent to me. I am going to start looking at other providers, as I know I can save money and with the service with Verizon being what is it currently, most likely improve on the service as well.

Just looked at phone, and data is back being received but only at 1X.

0 Likes
nabs511
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am now up to about 20 screen shots on phone received 2 days ago, showing no data connection. Mind you, I am on wifi and,or asleep for about 22 of the hours. 

Tired of the lack of service, and being told it is the phone when this is third phone and second sim card that I have tried. I didn't have problems like this with service before a few weeks ago. Nothing has changed around me, no new buildings or anything that could potentially cause issues.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nabs511,

Thank you for the details. I know it's important to get your phone up and running as soon as possible and we definitely don't want to see you go. I appreciate you working with us to get to the bottom of this. Having problems with the replacement phones may have something to do with content on the phone. Was anything else restored? Music, photos? Please try this phone in Safe Mode for a couple hours http://vz.to/1eaCTX9  and let us know how it does.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes