Data usage -personal hotspot
amyc1

I Am new to the hotspot.

i have read and read about Verizon "hotspot" feature and I can't find a definitive answer to the usage/data.  I am 3 days into my cycle on Verizon and over half of my data is used. I accessed it a couple hours yesterday and the rest was trying to figure out how to use it.

One thing I saw repeatedly in articles I read was, if you are on a shared plan, it is covered in your "plan".

I Too am greatly frustrated with Verizon's support. I am hoping I can get tangible answers that I can refer back to should this problem continue.  My experience with verizon customer service is like many others. Inconsistent and more disappointing is the promise of a return call from a supervisor that doesn't happen.  I call back to inquire and have to start over with explaining only to be met with defensive and sometimes aggressive responses.  I am so frustrated from usage to insurance to no accountability on Verizon's part. I hear from them, "we sent you multiple alerts", great.  How about helping me understand. I don't need a hug, I need assistance and guidance by someone you "verizon" has deemed trained in customer service.

Please advise with some real assistance that is applicable to personal hotspot and the data usage on my plan. (The plan that I cannot access on my verizon and am being told to try back later).

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Data usage -personal hotspot
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, if you are on a More Everything plan, mobile hotspot is included.  But what that means is that the cost to add the feature to your plan is included ... you still have to pay for the data since the hotspot draws from your data plan (rather than having its own 'bucket' of data if the feature was an additional cost).  So if your phone usage and your mobile hotspot usage combined (along with any other devices on the plan) are higher than your monthly data plan, you will incur overages unless you change your data plan to adjust for the increased data used by the hotspot.

View solution in original post

Re: Data usage -personal hotspot
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes, if you are on a More Everything plan, mobile hotspot is included.  But what that means is that the cost to add the feature to your plan is included ... you still have to pay for the data since the hotspot draws from your data plan (rather than having its own 'bucket' of data if the feature was an additional cost).  So if your phone usage and your mobile hotspot usage combined (along with any other devices on the plan) are higher than your monthly data plan, you will incur overages unless you change your data plan to adjust for the increased data used by the hotspot.