Deleting E-mails from computer and droid at same time
joyvos

How can I delete e-mails from my main computer at the same time I am deleting them from my Droid Razor?  I could do it from my Blackberry.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Deleting E-mails from computer and droid at same time
B33
Legend

You should be able to Delete them from Both of them!  As i have done with My Droid X an Now on my Maxx One thing i Haven't been able to do though is with  Gmail  is moving Inbox Messages to Separate Folders on either one. I can move to individual folders when i'm in my Yahoo application..b33

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Since the email does not update until the setup scheduled time you set, when the message is removed on PC you wont see it on your device until next time the account updates but it will reflect the change.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

it happens right away if you use gmail as your primary email & the only email i know of that deletes both at the same time.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Correct Budone on Gmail it's just about instantaneous might be a slight Delay And for Yahoo Wildman your Correct the next time you go into the App it will adjust the Change..b33

0 Likes
chipjonz
Contributor - Level 1

So if I understand this correctly, Yahoo mail should eventually reflect the deletion changes if I delete e-mails from my phone and the next time I go into my computer they will be gone?  I have been having trouble with Yahoo mail synchronization in that I would delete e-mails from my phone but then go into my computer a day or two later and see a ton of e-mails that I read and deleted from my phone.   Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

if i delete a yahoo email from phone or pc, it's gone, in the trash.

you might try removing the account, then recreate it on both devices.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello everyone!

Thank you for all of the suggestions! You would also want to check the advanced settings in the email. You can set the messages to be deleted on the server when deleting on the phone. Here is a link with the steps: http://bit.ly/HlcrJz Scroll down to advanced for instructions.

Let us know if this helps!

Katie H
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Plaidchick

Was having this issue. Just downloaded the Yahoo! Mail app and tried deleting an email on my Droid using it. Refreshed my mail on my  computer and it instantly updated to show the deletion.  Will see if it continues (as they note on the app description page that some people were having issues with deletions still showing up in the app), but so far so good.

0 Likes