Deleting "Folders" From E-Mail Accounts
Escalante48

I deleted an e-mail account and re-established the account.  Upon doing so, a "folder" appeared at the top of my Inbox entitled "Class Reunion".  I opened it, and there were three e-mails from over a year and a half ago, which I deleted.  However, I am unable to delete the "folder" which has the number "0" appearing to the right of the folder name.  I deleted the account again and re-established it, but the folder returned.  I would like to remove the "folder".  I cannot find any enlightening answers online at all concerning this issue.  Thank you for your help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Deleting "Folders" From E-Mail Accounts
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What email service are you using?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Escalante48

My e-mail provider is Cox Communications.  I checked my Cox account and did not find a "Class Reunion" folder in my webmail online.  I also use Microsoft Office 365 for handling my e-mail on my computer.  No such folder.  I do have some folders saved to the documents folder in Windows Explorer, but I could not find one by that name there, either.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

How are you accessing your Cox Communications email account on your Droid Turbo phone?  What app?

0 Likes
Escalante48

Email version MOTOEMAIL 00.05.0075

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

On my Droid Turbo 2, I use the Xfinity Connect app for Comcast email and the Gmail app for Google email. I don't use the MOTOEMAIL app but the version installed is 00.07.0072.  Have you checked to ensure you have the latest version for your device?  Have you checked a Cox Communications Community Forum for any users reporting similar issues?

0 Likes
Escalante48

I opened the App information, and that is what the version showed.  I have not checked with Cox Communications, but I think I will do that next.  I decided to do a search in the Google Play App Store and noticed all kinds of email Apps I did not know even existed.  I used the App that came with the phone and have never questioned it until now.  So, tomorrow I guess I will research the Cox website and if necessary, give them a call and see how I can change things around.  Thanks for being patient.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

No problem....just another Verizon customer trying to help, adding my two cents...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Escalante48  we want to be sure your email is working as it should be. I am sorry for this issue. How are your other services working for you, calls and data? Do you have any other email accounts on your device besides this one? 

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Escalante48

I just called Cox Communications concerning whether I could change my e-mail app from Motomail to Microsoft Outlook, and they said "yes", so I am going to change my e-mail app in the day couple of days and hopefully it will get rid of the folder I do not want appearing in what is now the Motomail app.  Thank you.

0 Likes