Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Deleting "Folders" From E-Mail Accounts
Escalante48

I deleted an e-mail account and re-established the account.  Upon doing so, a "folder" appeared at the top of my Inbox entitled "Class Reunion".  I opened it, and there were three e-mails from over a year and a half ago, which I deleted.  However, I am unable to delete the "folder" which has the number "0" appearing to the right of the folder name.  I deleted the account again and re-established it, but the folder returned.  I would like to remove the "folder".  I cannot find any enlightening answers online at all concerning this issue.  Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Deleting "Folders" From E-Mail Accounts
jav6
Leader

What email service are you using?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Escalante48

My e-mail provider is Cox Communications.  I checked my Cox account and did not find a "Class Reunion" folder in my webmail online.  I also use Microsoft Office 365 for handling my e-mail on my computer.  No such folder.  I do have some folders saved to the documents folder in Windows Explorer, but I could not find one by that name there, either.

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

How are you accessing your Cox Communications email account on your Droid Turbo phone?  What app?

0 Likes
Escalante48

Email version MOTOEMAIL 00.05.0075

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

On my Droid Turbo 2, I use the Xfinity Connect app for Comcast email and the Gmail app for Google email. I don't use the MOTOEMAIL app but the version installed is 00.07.0072.  Have you checked to ensure you have the latest version for your device?  Have you checked a Cox Communications Community Forum for any users reporting similar issues?

0 Likes
Escalante48

I opened the App information, and that is what the version showed.  I have not checked with Cox Communications, but I think I will do that next.  I decided to do a search in the Google Play App Store and noticed all kinds of email Apps I did not know even existed.  I used the App that came with the phone and have never questioned it until now.  So, tomorrow I guess I will research the Cox website and if necessary, give them a call and see how I can change things around.  Thanks for being patient.

0 Likes
jav6
Leader

No problem....just another Verizon customer trying to help, adding my two cents...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Escalante48  we want to be sure your email is working as it should be. I am sorry for this issue. How are your other services working for you, calls and data? Do you have any other email accounts on your device besides this one? 

RosanneM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Escalante48

I just called Cox Communications concerning whether I could change my e-mail app from Motomail to Microsoft Outlook, and they said "yes", so I am going to change my e-mail app in the day couple of days and hopefully it will get rid of the folder I do not want appearing in what is now the Motomail app.  Thank you.

0 Likes