Did marshmallow break my droid turbo?
Grandaddy1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I both have Droid Turbos (XT1254).  Hers has 32 gb and mine has 64 gb.  We both recently upgraded to Marshmallow and now her phone barely charges and mine is enslaved to the charger and cable.  It was not like this before Marshmallow.  I contacted Verizon support and they transferred me to Motorola support.  My issue with my wife's phone was elevated to Level 2 support, but the only assumed finding what that she had a defective charge port.  She just recently received a reconditioned phone.  No suggestion has fixed her problem; however, Verizon staid with me through this process and suggested that we do a FDR on my wife's phone.  I have tried to transfer her pictures, videos and contacts to the Verizon Cloud, my computer, an OTG USB drive and Google Photos in order to not lose them if we must do an FDR.  Her phone and my phone will not connect to our computers (we have two) via USB nor an OTC USB thumb drive.

I have seen posts on the Internet that suggest that the Droid Moto Z Force does not support OTG and will not connect to my desktops via USB. Now we must go BACK to SD cards for external storage.  Good grief!  Has anyone else experienced this?  Our Droid Turbos are not even 2 years old and mine has been replaced once and my wife's has been replaced twice with reconditioned phones.

I really don't want to buy 2 new phones that may not make it through the life of my payment obligation.  Any help would be appreciated.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Did marshmallow break my droid turbo?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that you have working devices at all times. Let's start from the beginning. When did you do the update? How long after the update did you notice these problems? Have you done a factory reset on the devices? If so, what were the results?

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Did marshmallow break my droid turbo?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Grandaddy1,

We all rely on our devices, and we don't want to have to worry about the battery all the time. It seems as if your devices are having similar, but still different issues. Let me ask a couple of questions. How long does the charge last on your phone compared to before the update? When your wife charges the device, does the charging battery indicator come on? In addition, what is the comparison on the speed of the charge on your wife's phone compared to before the update was completed?

Since you mentioned that both phones have been replaced, was any of this happening on any of those devices, or has it happened only on these devices since the update? Please share some details with me so we can get to the bottom of this.

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes