Do not upg to Android 5.1 right now if you depend on your phone
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Do not upgrade to Android 5.1 right now if you depend on that Droid Turbo phone to work. All of these painful bugs and changes on how to use remind me

of going to v4.0 and later to v4.4. They are normal and really drag out with Android versions. Primarily it is a Google Android issue and not a Motorola issue.

Once you feel comfortable going to Android v5.x, there are some fundamental changes in how you use the phone. You need to know and read about these in advance. Search and read about them.

Every new operating system comes with changes in use and bugs. All of them. Without any exceptions. Servers down to Phones.

So do not be caught in all this Android drama and bugs and questions on how to use. Just wait until things work. Things that work and you know how to

use is very much more important than latest state of the art.

Respectfully

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Do not upg to Android 5.1 right now if you depend on your phone
Davidoo
Contributor - Level 3

Please list the issues you are having that fundamentally change how you use the phone.  I have had the 5.1 update since it came out with no issues.  Sure, some of the menus are different such as the top pull down, and pressing the volume key to put the phone on vibrate, but nothing that changes phone calls, email or using the internet. 

bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Well as a long time IT person and a long time Verizon and Android user I am speaking for the average user. And most users should wait. Your message sounds like you want to take it small issue/item by small item. Because you do not have any new use issues or bugs. Just read this VZ forum and Motorola forum to know different. Many problems in use

and bugs. Nothing new about that.

What concerns me is response post like yours. It makes things seem universally easier to switch to than they really are. Can you really say or imply that every Android v4 starting has not been painful and drawn out for users?

Can you say it is not best advice for most users to wait for the update? Because you are not having problems.

Respectfully

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have Lollipop 5.1+ on three different devices and I don't have issues. Some of these devices started out on an older version of Android. I didn't have issues then either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Are you a Verizon employee Davidoo?

Respectfully

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

While I agree that there is a learning curve here and I do think this version of Android is less user friendly then previous version, unless you think we are all idiots, I think we can figure it out.  Now if you are referring to some of the bugs that make the phone unusable, then I can see your point, but if you are just implying that people are to dumb to figure out the new functions, that is just downright insulting.  I rely on my phone for A LOT as I am self-employed and I was able to figure it out. 

bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

This Verizon Community Support website is for beginners. You should advise based on beginners. People want the most detail about the phone, look in Motorola's forums. They actually make the phones.

Respectfully

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You mean, a site like this?  Devices

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

Reply to KellyArens, I am also self employed IT for many years. Real world users just want stuff to work, not know how it works. This is very intelligent people that have company and family lives. End users are not stupid, they just limit their study efforts.

So am I am not implying anyone is stupid.

Respectfully

0 Likes
bdstx4
Contributor - Level 1

I did not say anyone was dumb. And just because you figured it out does not at all mean that will be the average

user experience. My god, all I did was recommend that users wait a few months.  So I am being accused of wrong doing and advice. How in the hell could it possibly hurt to wait a few months?

0 Likes