Re: Do we know when Droid Turbo will get Lollipop update???
Tidbits
Legend

In actuality the update is not pending partner support.  Seriously it just hit soak testing which is a Motorola process, and it hasn't hit Verizon hands for their testing.  I would say "soon" generally based on other soak tests sometime early next month provided nothing major happens, or another update happens during that time that is scheduled(don't want to overload the network servers.  See Apple major updates on release day for example).

0 Likes
crspyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

eminent soon pending come on fellas reallycome on verizon jumping here and make my day and tell me when I'm going to get it

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You know they will say they have no info and to check the updates page.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I am telling you what is known based on what Motorola has said and their track record that happens after soak testing by Motorola. I been through a few of them and opted out of the Turbo soak test. My coworker who still has his turbo has been selected to participate and he feeds me the details.

Snn5
Legend

As a one time soak tester on the Razr Maxx XT912M I know that once the soak came down that the official OTA came one week later, but that phone, for me at least, had no issues and ran great.  I seem to remember Moto pushing a very small change to a couple tiny bugs through with the official OTA that changed my version # from the soak version #.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

What Tidbits and Snn5 are saying is very true. I have done Motorola soak testing before and can tell you at this point software coding, and tiny bugs are being corrected and release will follow as soon as the designer's feel safe to let it fly.

0 Likes
crspyguy
Enthusiast - Level 3

lively conversation fellas thanks I'll still be posted up over here on my milk crate waiting for it to arrive you guys have a good one

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Here's something to consider...

When are the new airless tires will be available to the general public?

If you can answer that question with 100% certainty then Verizon can tell you when the Turbo will get Lollipop.

0 Likes