Does anybody know how to purchase just the Droid Turbo phone?
MikeVerizon08

Does anybody know how to purchase just the Droid Turbo phone? I want to pay the full cost of the phone so I can keep my unlimited plan, but I don't see a way to do it. It just says it is "incompatible" with my current plan. I find that hard to believe, but I don't want to pay full price just for it to turn out to be actually incompatible, and having to return it minus a restocking fee.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does anybody know how to purchase just the Droid Turbo phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great choice MikeVerizon08! It's definitely important to purchase it and keep your data feature. All you have to do is access www.vzw.com/turbo. Select the option to purchase it, even if it says $199.99 with two year agreement. Once you are on the purchase screen, and have the option to select a color and GB capacity. Under the GB options, you will see the option to purchase at 'Full Price'. Select that, and continue with your purchase.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jay_M_
Contributor - Level 2

If you're buying full retail, you don't need to be logged in to order. It won't make a difference, you're not commiting to a contract, so just order, and when you get it call in and have them activate it on your line. Won't cost you anything extra.

B33
Legend

If you can go to a Corporate Store, I'd do that..  tell the Rep you want to pay the Full retail price for the phone to keep your plan as is I done this on both of my plans on one I got a Droid Maxx on the other a one m8 the plans stayed the same there m to m now and as mentioned I did not pay any extra cost..

Emmy692
Contributor - Level 1

Honestly it's easier to order online you can still purchase full retail price to avoid losing your unlimited data, also if you have more then 1 line on your account, 1 with unlimited or 1 with 2 GB or no data at all, and use transfer their upgrade to your line and not lose your unlimited data, or add a new line and activate the new phone on your line then just cancel or suspend the new line.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great choice MikeVerizon08! It's definitely important to purchase it and keep your data feature. All you have to do is access www.vzw.com/turbo. Select the option to purchase it, even if it says $199.99 with two year agreement. Once you are on the purchase screen, and have the option to select a color and GB capacity. Under the GB options, you will see the option to purchase at 'Full Price'. Select that, and continue with your purchase.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Not applicable

Emmy692 wrote:

Honestly it's easier to order online you can still purchase full retail price to avoid losing your unlimited data, also if you have more then 1 line on your account, 1 with unlimited or 1 with 2 GB or no data at all, and use transfer their upgrade to your line and not lose your unlimited data, or add a new line and activate the new phone on your line then just cancel or suspend the new line.

Verizon has anew policy that you have to maintain data on a line for the entire 2 years. So the old add a line and swap phones and switch to a basic phone won;t work anymore. You're going to end up paying $30 a month for data for 24 months no matter how you slice it and that's more than the cost of the phone.

Also not to offend the OP but if you know you have to pay full price to get a new phone then you should save for it.