Re: Does anyone else feel jipped by the release of the Droid Max?
Tidbits
Legend

easier to pass the FCC tests as well. Change a little here and there and catch people off contract willing to upgrade. All manufacturers do it. Some just better at hiding it(HTC is prime example)

0 Likes
armus

that's cute, but it's not enough when they replace your phone seven weeks after its debut. I wasn't sore about the nexus - it's not that hot - but to find out that a new razr is out there and fixes what we've been complaining about! grr, it sucks. The razr was pushed to market too fast, and they know it. All of us who jumped on board are getting the shaft.

0 Likes
Macarunni
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's amazing how many different perceptives you'll get just by one question "Does anyone else feel jipped by the release of the Droid Maxx?"  The answer plain and simple is "YES".  All the computer trolls can make it digestible if they want.  But the fact of the matter is this, the Razr Maxx was in production at the same time if not very close to the same time as the launch of the Razr.  I purchased my Razr last month.  I loved it, it was going to be the phone I was going to keep minus the battery life.  I turned the LTE off to save battery life.  Because I use the phone for what its for.  Not just to sit in your purse or pocket all day.  Using a Razr without LTE is like driving a Mustang Saleen with a V6 motor. 

When the press release from Verizon announced the launch of the Maxx in the coming weeks.  I returned my Razr on day 29.  Now I'm back to my Droid X which is soooooo slowwww.  Waiting for Verizon to release the Razr Maxx.  Now I here Motorola wants to show off its battery capability on some website in February.  Wooptido Motorola no need to show off.

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/01/pr2012-01-09.html

0 Likes
john000892
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank-you for your response, I never posted anything online before and all I can say is that "trolls" are evil. I run an office and am also a law student, I don't have time to be researching cellphones all day. I just expected to buy a product and have it work! Needless to say I am typing this on my iPhone 4 because the charging port broke today and I need to take it to the store to be fixed and then sell on eBay!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
mattba321
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why do people buying new phones then if they continuously complain about how newer better phones come out later. as above,people have said just wait for the better version to come out. What's with the need to consistantly upgrade your phone to a supposedly great device that obviously will have problems. I got a samsung stratosphere. no problems fast speeds long battery life. not new, not $300, and not the greatest thing out there, but great no complaints either

0 Likes
john000892
Enthusiast - Level 3

We both switched back to out OLD phones because the phone has NO battery life.... We don't want a phone that works without being plugged into a wall. -_-

Sent from my iPhon

0 Likes
jsyr

Don't you think a company should stand behind their product???Do you think maybe they came out with the Droid Razor Max because they know the Droid Razor battery life is unacceptable.The original reviews for the Droid Razor were great,now that its been out a while everyone is changing their reviews(Cnet,PC World)

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

did they buy the phone?

0 Likes
lschamb
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the Droid Incredible three months before the Droid Incredible 2 came out. I had no inkling that HTC was even in the process of making a better version of my phone. I was mad, but I got over it. It really isn't a big deal. I'm still with my little screwy Incredible and I am cool with it. I don't always need the newest thing or brand. I upgrade in July and I bet my last dime, they will find a way to come out with a newer version of whatever phone I choose to get. But I will be happy, nonetheless. I'm so used to charging once a day, that I'm sure my next phone will be no different. But I never get an iPhone. Just throwing that out there. lol

AZSALUKI
Legend

i only know a couple of people with the razr, but they've had no issues with the battery. they get about 3 hours of real uptime and plenty of idle/standby time to get through the day. as demmo mentioned earlier, you will get very similar true awake time (when you are actually using it and the screen is on) from just about every android (2-3 hours). now, if you're in areas often, that have poor reception, that can drastically drain the battery if it's constantly looking for a signal. different people use devices differently and i'm glad your iphone works well for you.....but i've seen a few complaints about the battery of the razr and people state that cnet and other sites have rated it poorly, and then i see this?

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-20127942-85/smartphones-with-long-battery-life-roundup/?tag=nl.e404

they (cnet) have listed the razr among the best battery smart phones?

0 Likes