Does the new update fix receiving phone calls/text issue?
Remmnate
Enthusiast - Level 1

I, as well as several others have been having the issues of phone calls going to voicemail without the phone ringing, sporadically being able to send and receive text messages as well as incoming and outgoing phone calls.  Can anyone who was having this issue confirm that the latest update fixed this?  I was having this frustrating issue and ended up having to revert back to my Note 2.  I would really like to be able to go back to my Turbo, but I need to be able to send and receive calls and messages.  I don't want to go through the trouble of swapping sims (one is micro and one is nano) at a Verizon store if this doesn't help at all. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Does the new update fix receiving phone calls/text issue?
Grunk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too was having the direct to voicemail issue. Still only been a few days, but so far since the update I have not experienced the issue.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It lists call performance improvements. Droid Turbo Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Remmnate
Enthusiast - Level 1

I saw that and was wondering if anyone who was experiencing the issue saw improvement.  I hope so!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check the other threads in the DROID Turbo space. I think I saw a few users comment about it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Remmnate,

Help is right here for you! We always want for your phone to work like a well oiled machine. You mentioned that you were having the troubles with calls gong to voicemail & that you aren’t able to receive & send texts. Have you been able to do troubleshooting with us since you’ve had these issues? Is the software update available on your Turbo & have you been able to perform it?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Keenum

Has anyone had success with this update?

0 Likes
Remmnate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have gone through troubleshooting.  I went as far as a FDR on the phone and even had a new sim installed from a VZW corporate store.  I use the phone for work and couldn't afford to miss any more phone calls so I reverted back to my old Samsung Galaxy Note 2.  This required getting a new SIM card since it is a Micro SIM vs. the Nano SIM needed by the Turbo.  Before I go through the hassle of getting the SIM changed back to my Turbo I am simply trying to ask if any of the several other people have found the last update to fix this common issue.  To answer your question regarding the ability to perform the update, the answer is yes.  I powered the phone up and connected to WiFi and successfully downloaded and installed the software update.  As stated before, the SIM is not activated so I cannot test or troubleshoot any further.

0 Likes
Grunk
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too was having the direct to voicemail issue. Still only been a few days, but so far since the update I have not experienced the issue.

Remmnate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Grunk,

Thanks for the input.  I'm glad to hear it may have resolved the issue.  Please report back if it starts happening again.

0 Likes