Does this phone really only have a two year life span?
Sora_Jones

I was charging my phone at night and when I woke up the next day the phone had completely died (while plugged in). I tried to reboot it several times throughout the day. Then I went into the Verizon store and after they tried to reboot it, they told me that I had to buy a new phone. Besides some minor water damage back in the Fall of 2013, there has been no damage done to my phone. I haven't dropped it, no cracked screen, no water logging since the minor incident in 2013. Suspiciously enough, the night before my phone died, I received a text from Verizon saying that I was eligible for an upgrade and to come into the store. Is anyone else having this problem? Is my phone really "dead"?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Does this phone really only have a two year life span?
Weth
Legend

What is the "minor water incident" from fall of 2013.  The effects from water can be delayed and unpredictabl.  Minor water damage is like saying a boat had a minor sinking episode. 

Sora_Jones

My bike broke down while biking home and I was stuck in the rain trying to fix it. My phone did get wet, so I turned it off and let it dry out over the course of four days.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Water damage and corrosion can take weeks to month to fully take hold.

Weth
Legend

If water got inside it is not minor, if it was just on the outside, then I agree, minor. 

Regardless, dead phone is not a good sign of life coming back. Coincidence it happened after the text? Absolutely. 

0 Likes