Doesn't push emails to me anymore
ktosv

Since January 31, my RAZR M hasn't been able to push emails to me or send or receive texts with pictures.  I did not change any settings.  What happened to my phone and how do I get it to push emails to me again?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Doesn't push emails to me anymore
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ktosv

I definitely want to make sure you can stay connected to your email and picture/video messages as you have in the past! I'm so sorry for the unexpected change. Are you using the pre-installed email app? What about the messaging app? What email provider are you using (ie Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, etc.)? Are the picture/video messages not working from all contacts or only a few?

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DEC80

I am having the same problem. I'm using both the droid installed email app and an app called MailLite. I have changed the push/pull frequency setting several times and nothing works. If I manually click refresh on either application the email will appear. I am using a Godaddy webmail account.

We recently installed a VOIP system at our office and have it programmed to send emails with voice mail attachments. Does the attachment change the way my phone receives emails?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are getting your emails in a timely manner DEC80. Allow us to get to the bottom of your email concerns. Prior to you setting up your device to receive work emails via VOIP system, were you able to receive emails without having to manually retrieve them? When did you start experiencing difficulites with retrieving emails?

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
DEC80

I had never used the email feature on my phone until we installed the VOIP system. It worked OK for about a week, then the messages didn't push automatically. I have to pole (refresh) the email app to get the messages to download.

I went to Mexico about the time it quit forwarding. Did my international travel mess it up?

0 Likes
DEC80

Another point. It appears to work if I'm at home and have the Wifi function enabled.

The app has a preference to allow you to only receive emails when Wifi connected. I am absolutely sure that I have that disabled, but it appears to be operating in that mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great information DEC80! There maybe a conflict with the VOIP system at work the prevents those emails to work. This can be considered as you do not have any issues getting emails when connected to a regular WiFi network like the one you have at home. The international settings for your trip to Mexico would not impact your email. Do you not have a WiFi connection at work any more? Have you tried to delete your email accounts from your phone, power off/on and install again?

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
DEC80

AntonioC, I have 2 partners at work who both have other Verizon Android devices on the same plan and they have no problem getting the emails pushed through Verizon's 4G network to their devices. I believe it is the Motorola Razr M and/or the Android system operating system.

Another point, when my phone is in my Ford truck with Synch, the voice mail attachments to the emails will not play over the bluetooth connection on my trucks audio system.

0 Likes
DEC80

I will try to remove the email app and reinstall it to see if it clears up the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DEC80,

Got it! Let's give it a try to make and test to see if the issues persist. Keep us posted and let us know of your results.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes