Don't Receive Text Messages
Robot_Toby

Just got a Droid Turbo and I'm having trouble with the text messaging.  People receive my texts, but I don't receive their replies.  I've tried Messaging, Verizon Message+, Hangouts, and Message from Google.  Same result with all.  People receive texts from me, but I don't receive from them, even though their service marks the message as delivered.  How do I fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Don't Receive Text Messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Text messaging is an important way we communicate. I apologize for the issue at hand. we want to make sure that we get you rolling again. How long ago did the issue begin? Was it right after the activation? What type of phone were you using before? We will work together.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you switch to Verizon Wireless when you got the DROID Turbo? If you ported over your number, the port process might not be fully completed. I would suggest calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from another Verizon Wireless phone and ask them to check the port status and maybe reset the text messaging feature on your line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Robot_Toby

Before I was using a Samsung Galaxy S3. The problem started immediately

upon activation.

On Feb 20, 2016 7:15 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for supplying the details for us. This is definitley an odd thing.  Is the issue happening with a specific person or does it not matter? If it is specific, is that party using an iphone? Let's get this resolved.
BobbyN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Robot_Toby

All the people I have trouble with are iPhone people.

On Feb 22, 2016 8:08 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Actually it sounds like the "iPhone people" don't have their phone set to send messages as SMS. Do you have an Apple ID?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Robot_Toby

I doubt it. What's that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robot_Toby We have the same phone but not the same problem.  We will work to get your text messaging up and running.  What troubleshooting have we done so far?  Have you received any new software updates?  What is the make and model of your old phone?

RalphT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes