Driod Turbo 2 charging issue
Glory88
Enthusiast - Level 2

It will not Turbo charge even when almost empty. It charges slow and takes all night to charge up to 80 percent. I only use the stock charger, and tried a different one and sand issue. Safe mode and wiping cache didn't work. ... I wonder if it's a software bug. Even while plugged in the phone shows charging but continues to discharge

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Driod Turbo 2 charging issue
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could just as easily be the charging port too. There could be something loose when the cord is plugged in and depending on the position of the cord and the port causing the phone to think it is plugged in via USB instead of the AC power.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it possible the charging port is damaged on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Glory88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess it could... It looks normal. The wireless charging is also very slow, so I think it's a software issue. When verizon ran r hardware diagnostic everything checked out normal. The phone is so new I really haven't had time to break it.  Verizon told me that there should be an OTA update coming hopefully in 2 weeks that has completed Motorola's final soak tests. For now I will struggle with this until the update. If it takes longer than a month I may file for replacement. It recognizes the wall charger as a USB... So 500mah charging speed. It's annoying

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I hope this Turbo isn't falling in the Foots Steps of the older Version I've been kind of looking at this phone along with the Samsung's and I guess I need to Read a bit before I step into the Pool of buying one..

0 Likes
Glory88
Enthusiast - Level 2

The charger worked normal last night, and recognized the AC charger as an

AC charger. Unplugged it and replugged it in and it went back to USB. This

is a total software issue ib hope is fixed with OTA updates and Marshmallow

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wow.. How long have you had the Phone.? 

0 Likes
Glory88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since Jan 23, it started acting up av month before I had it. Was amazing

when it worked. They ran a bunch of hardware tests and hardware shows find.

Before getting a refurbished like me replacement I'm going to see if it's a

software bug. After Motorola's test of marshmallow, it states battery and

charging issues fixed. Some people had a problem of the phone charging but

the battery display stuck on 100 percent, so I'm not sure what they mean by

b fixed and what problems they are addressing. Time will tell. The phone

thinks it's being charged by USB, regardless of what's plugged into it.

Wireless charging is faster... But still not as fast as it used to be so ib

use wireless for now.

B33
Legend

Hmm could be something wrong with the Turbo Charger.. Do have a Regular Moto charger from a Previous phone you might try that see what that Does I'm not really sold on them Fast chargers any way I like the ole stuff kind of like me I getting old too.. But Wiser

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could just as easily be the charging port too. There could be something loose when the cord is plugged in and depending on the position of the cord and the port causing the phone to think it is plugged in via USB instead of the AC power.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea that could possibly happen.. as there are Contacts in the Chargers port as well as the phone, a change in Cord might help possibly solve the issue a Trip to the local Verizon is what I'd suggest next.. 

0 Likes