Droid M 4.4.2 Text Message Problem
Naszoo

I have been looking abour and I haven't seen this question been asked so...

When using the Text Message app given by the phone, any time I receive a photo message the app won't show it yet it will display (the orange ticker only) that there is an unread message. When I try and click it from the drop down menu at the top, it sends me to a new message to that person. I have also tried clearing the entire conversation (or 'thread' as they call it) and it still ha it as an unviewed message.

It only seems to want to take in a picture when I'm at that persons text messaging thread and the phone is turned on (like screen showing) and occasionally it would just load the photo, randomly out of no where. (I may add I'm on full WiFi and 4G LTE so it's not a connection problem as I can tell).

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if Verizon would be willing to help!

Thanks!

~Nas

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid M 4.4.2 Text Message Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is a unique situation Naszoo, and frustrating I'm sure. When did this start happening? Is this with all Picture Messages/ contacts in your Messages? Please try checking to see if you have an unheard voice mail from a number in your thread, to see if this corrects the issue. Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
Vanessa_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Naszoo

Started happening right with the update.

It's with all picture messages and as of right now I still have an "unread message" of what I know is a picture message that a friend sent to me quite some time ago. I have tried clearing the thread to no avail. I have also left the screen on and on that person's thread to see if it would load and kind of works? It sometimes pops up automatically and then I got prompted once to download it.

I rarely get calls (teenager) and when I do I almost instantly hear them then clear them.

If you don't mind I may also add that when I'm texting someone and then close the screen. I get a new text (light pops, ect.) and I rely then close the screen again, it doesn't register that I've read the text (the LED still blinks) so I have to back out the app, tap it again, and then it'll stop the LED from blinking.

Thanks again guys. I love the update and I know it always comes with bugs so I just wanted this one to be known!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that text messaging issues are frustrating Naszoo. Have you removed all your problematic apps from your phone? The last step would be a hard reset to start your phone from factory settings. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
akozan

I am having the same problem.  I did test it and was able to send a picture message but when someone sends one to me all I get is the orange square indicating I have an unread message and no way to view the message.  I do not have any apps running and I even deleted the Hangouts app that came with the 4.4.2 update.  Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy you are able to send a picture message akozan but would like to fix the issue of you receiving them. Have you deleted all your pictures you don't need and all the long/old text threads you no longer need?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
akozan

Yes, I did delete old text messages and I don't have a lot of pictures on it (they are only taking up .93GB and I still show 2.07GB free space).  Now, the orange square has disappeared but I still did not receive the picture messages. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clearing that up akozan
I would like to see if an app is causing this issue. Please power the device in safe mode and retest. Here's how:http://bit.ly/UoNTah

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
akozan

I was able to test it in Safe Mode, and it's still not working.  Anything else I can try?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for trying that akozan. The next step would be a hard reset. Here's how to do this: http://vz.to/1oY9ytl

Please back up the device first and retest.

JoeL_VZW

0 Likes