Droid MAXX camera problems
HI85WH1

OK, I'm a newbie to the forum, but not a newbie to the 'net or protocols or much of anything else. I really like my MAXX and back in October started having issues with the camera. it began having intermittent issues.

It would stop working,  Then display "Camera Error" Please restart Camera. Click the OK button and it would restart, 90% of the time, then got progressively worse. Eventually it stopped working completely.  Verizon replaced the phone under service plan, The new phone out of the box worked GREAT, for about a month. Then it started to degrade and do the same thing.

Now I'm mid-December, and the Camera is dead again. With the exception of going into safe mode and starting apps one at a time (I don't have a lot of apps installed), Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, etc.

I really don't want to go back to the local service center again. (Not at this time of year)

Anyone have some constructive suggestions? (Other than buying a new phone)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid MAXX camera problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

H185WH1 We understand the importance of having a working device. Let's take a closer look. Are you using the main camera application? Have you tried to use other camera applications? Did this issue start after a certain application was installed?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport. If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be happy to review alternate options and continue with troubleshooting. Please reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter @VZWSupport so we can continue to assist.

MahrizaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
HI85WH1

I am using the main camera application as installed. All apps that were previously installed on the phone were transferred to the new device via "content transfer" app (installed by store tech) that moved virtually everything except existing pics and videos that I removed prior to taking phone in for service.

As I said when the phone was first turned on, the camera worked fine. after everything was transferred and in use it started to degrade again. It worked great for probably the first two weeks. day I went to the store to have it looked at there was a local power outage and the store was closed,

I haven't been able to make it back since.Carrying around my Canon DSLR isn't actually convenient, but it does take nicer pictures.

While we are on topic of weird things... I have the phone paired with my 2015 Silverado, and in order for the truck to see the phone, I have t o reboot the phone EVERY morning before I get into the truck.

The other phone wasn't quite as bad... maybe every 3 or 4 times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HI85WHI,

This is never the experience we want for you to have with your phone. I rely on taking pictures on my phone all time. Let’s keep working at this. I noticed that you mentioned you had not put the phone in Safe Mode yet. Safe Mode is an excellent feature to put the phone in. This will automatically disable all 3rd party apps. We need to make sure that there isn’t any possible 3rd party app glitching with the phone. Please click here http://vz.to/2hnqYl2 to see the steps. I would suggest leaving it in Safe Mode for a few hours to see if the camera starts to work. Please keep us posted on the results.

The Bluetooth feature in your car is great to have! Being able to drive hands free is the safest way to go. While the phone is in Safe Mode, please test this function as well.

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bobweav13

I have this problem with my camera also.  Safe mode doesn't help. I have cleared the app cache and restarted.  I've done everything that I can find on the message boards here and elsewhere.  Is there anyway I can test the phone to see if I have a hardware problem. I'm thinking that either one of the cameras is defective, or maybe I have a memory problem.  I have also seen frequent apps crashes and this did not happen until recently.  Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HI85WH1, I've sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

DeloresK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes