Droid MAXX - no subject line for text message?
Cran-Knoll

On my old Droid, when I received a text from work, the entire message was shown - sender, subject, body of the message. Now with my new Droid MAXX, just the sender and body is shown. But I need to see the subject line too. I don't see any settings that can be changed to show the entire message. And information from work hasn't been changed, so I can't blame them. Can anyone help please?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid MAXX - no subject line for text message?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cran-Knoll,

Congratulations on your new phone! We know how important it is to view the additional fields. The subject line will only display when the sender has included a subject, it's from the sender's settings. Have you contacted them to make sure they still include it?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Cran-Knoll

Yes, the subject line IS still included when the message is sent. There have been no changes to the format of the messages at work. When the message is sent from work, it is sent to my phone as a text message, and also to my work email address. That's how I know it still has a subject line. The only change is that I now have a new phone! (Which I really like btw). So why is the subject line missing from my new phone's texts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clarifying, Cran-Knoll. Different phones translate messages differently. Did you happen to have a messaging application, like Verizon Messages, on your original device? Can you double check to see if your work sends the message to just your mobile number, your mobile number@vtext.com, or your mobilenumber@vzwpix.com? It may need to be sent to your number @vzwpix.com to come through with all the details.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Cran-Knoll

Jennifer,

I just checked, and it was VTEXT.COM. I've updated it, and let's see how it goes tonight!

Thank you,Donna

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you need the subject line, the message needs to be sent as a MMS message through the number@vzwpix.com address. The vtext.com address is for SMS only and won't include a subject line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cran-Knoll

I had made changes at work early in the day, so texts will be sent to my cellphone number at vzwpix.com, and no joy. There still is no subject line when i received texts tonight. So sad! Any other suggestions?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time to follow up, Cran-Kroll. Did the message still show in the same format with "@vzwpix.com"? (sender and body) Are you using the message application that came with the device or another 3rd party app?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Cran-Knoll

There was no change in how the text appeared after I changed the address. No change in the sender or body, but still no subject line. I am using the messaging that came with the new phone, no third-party.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming Cran-Knoll. If it is your standard messaging app, it is likely that functionality was changed with the latest update. Minor changes such as these are common with a new OS. I'm sorry if this causes inconvenience. As an additional option, you could search the Google Play Store for messaging apps that may offer what you're looking for.

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes