Re: Droid MAXX will not connect to wifi
lampg

I turned Bluetooth and put it in airplane mode. That works, but then I

wouldn't get calls. Not good. New phone will be here tomorrow.

0 Likes
Lovingtonfirefighter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Lampg, glad you got a new phone. I'm having the same problem, and tried almost all the above in this thread. Just now I did the "go on airplane mode, then turn Wi-Fi back on" thing, and it connected to our home network and has stayed connected. I have been back-and-forth with Verizon reps on Twitter today, and did the safemode thing, and of course they want me to uninstall my apps one by one. But I'm not convinced that's the problem, after reading this thread. Sounds like this model has an ongoing problem with this.

0 Likes
lampg

I was able to get away airplane mode and just turn off my Bluetooth and

that worked well.

On Sep 10, 2015 7:19 PM, "Lovingtonfirefighter" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Lovingtonfirefighter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, lampg! I tried it and it worked for me! I turned off Bluetooth and

presto! It connected to Wi-Fi and stayed connected. It's a little

inconvenient to not have both, but a very workable solution until I get a

different device.

Hope this helps someone else too! Thanks again!

0 Likes
smalltowncher

Have been having the same issue for a few weeks now. I have learned that I can have the wi-fi on OR the bluetooth OR the hot spot but not more than one at a time. It didn't used to be this way. Now I have to turn on my wifi when I am at home, turn it off before I get in my car and turn on my bluetooth so it will connect to my vehicle. It is a pain to keep switching each item off and on. Tried to use my hot spot this weekend and after several reboots of my phone and my laptop, I discovered that I had my bluetooth on. Once I turned my bluetooth off, my hot spot started to work fine. Several times per week I need to turn off my phone and turn it back on to get one of the items to work or use the airplane mode method that others have mentioned on here.

0 Likes
Jamesgb75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do any of you have either of these apps installed:

Gasbuddy

Fitbit

??

There was a thread on another forum that narrowed down a WiFi dropped connection problem to these two apps. I uninstalled gasbuddy on my phone about two weeks ago and haven't had a problem since.  I was having the exact same problem where WiFi would work for a while and then randomly stop working. The only way to get it working again would be to go into airplane mode then back out or reboot the phone.

Let me know if you happen to be in the same situation.

-James

0 Likes
Jtburtt

I have Fitbit, and my problems started after downloading it. Thanks for the update,

0 Likes
Lovingtonfirefighter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Gasbuddy here! Going to uninstall and see what happens!

0 Likes
lampg

I have Gasbuddy. I received my new phone and I haven't had any problems so

far.

0 Likes
UTPD120

Same problems as discussed (started acting up this past week - no new apps installed - same configs); tried all of the solutions offered. The one thing that worked for me was turning off Bluetooth and as soon as I did this, my network immediately connected and Internet access was restored. Granted, this is still a flaw but at least I do not have to use up all of my data. Hope this works for others but clearly there is some conflict going on.

0 Likes