Droid Maxx 2 gyroscope disabled
KELDUN50

I don't understand why you've disabled the gyroscope on this phone. Part of my decision in selecting it is seeing that it had a gyroscope in hardware reviews.

Enable my gyroscope!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx 2 gyroscope disabled
Moontwister
Enthusiast - Level 1

How did you find out it's there and disabled?  I just spent a long time chatting with a Verizon support tech who couldn't figure out why the gyroscope wasn't working or if we even had one.  The Droid Maxx 2 was recommended to us when we called Verizon support, dissatisfied with the Samsung Galaxy J3 6Vs we'd just traded for because they didn't have gyroscopes, and were assured that the Droid Maxx 2s do have gyroscopes.  So, we received them in the mail and set them up.  No gyroscopes or evidence of the other sensors listed in the specs.  I chatted-up tech support, but after an hour or so, we couldn't find a solution.  I think we were sold phones under false pretenses.  Though, while we were chatting, I found your post and sent it to her.  She didn't think Verizon could just disable a sensor.  But, she really couldn't find any information about the phone's sensors.  The support techs really did their best, but the information provided to them by Verizon is apparently very sketchy or completely inaccurate.  So, we seem to be stuck, now, with more expensive phones, that still don't do what we traded-up for.  Did you ever get any response?  Or, are they pretending the problem doesn't exist?  Your mention of disabling does give me hope.  If that's the case, it may be something they can address with a firmware update.  Have you looked for or verified any of the other sensors it's supposed to come with?  Accelerometer, Barometer, Compass, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Proximity Sensor? (Motorola Droid Maxx 2 Specs, Speed, Features, Release Date & Price)

Hello? Verizon, can you hear me now?

Best wishes,

Patricia