Droid Maxx 2 not recognizing SD card
civwar

I recently bought a SanDisk Ultra 64GB class 10 micro SD card for my Droid Maxx 2. However, my phone does not appear to recognize the SD card. When I install the card, there is a banner saying "Corrupted SD card" and I can go through the formatting process. At 20%, an error message comes up along the lines of:  command '9 volume partition disk: 179,64 public failed with '400 211 Command failed.

I have already reformatted the disk as FAT32 from exFAT (and I also tried NTFS). Nothing changes.

Any ideas out there? I have read that this might be a Maxx 2 issue.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx 2 not recognizing SD card
RL67037
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought a used Maxx 2. I put a Samsung 64GB EVO card in it that I had been using in my Samsung S4. It worked fine in the S4 and worked fine in the Maxx 2 ... for about a month. Then, it started unmounting, not being recognized all the time, the phone saying it was corrupted and so on. I tried different SD cards, formatting the card in a WIn 7 and Win 10 computer, factory resetting the phone to try to revert back to the previous Android software ... everything I could think of. Then, I finally found this:Droid Maxx2 SD Card missing / not inserted - solved. - Lenovo Community

I added the tape to my SD card, right behind the contacts like the instructions say and reinserted it back into the Maxx 2. It went in much tighter this time. Powered up the phone and wouldn't you know it, the card was recognized right away, no formatting needed.

Hope this helps!!

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you formatted the SD card, did you complete the format on the phone or a computer?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
civwar

I formatted it on a computer. I used the following program: Ridgecrop Consultants Ltd

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was likely formatted to be incompatible with the phone.  it should have been formatted on the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
civwar

True, but the issue is that the phone still recognized it as "corrupted" in

the original format.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

civwar, having your SD card work with your phone is crucial. I'm always running out of space so I know that you'll want yours to work with the device. The SD card purchased is compatible with the device. If you're getting an error like that, it is with the particular SD card. All of our accessories have a 1 year warranty. If you purchased the SD card from a Verizon corporate store, you can take it in and swap it out for a working card.

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RL67037
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought a used Maxx 2. I put a Samsung 64GB EVO card in it that I had been using in my Samsung S4. It worked fine in the S4 and worked fine in the Maxx 2 ... for about a month. Then, it started unmounting, not being recognized all the time, the phone saying it was corrupted and so on. I tried different SD cards, formatting the card in a WIn 7 and Win 10 computer, factory resetting the phone to try to revert back to the previous Android software ... everything I could think of. Then, I finally found this:Droid Maxx2 SD Card missing / not inserted - solved. - Lenovo Community

I added the tape to my SD card, right behind the contacts like the instructions say and reinserted it back into the Maxx 2. It went in much tighter this time. Powered up the phone and wouldn't you know it, the card was recognized right away, no formatting needed.

Hope this helps!!

jrasofs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried using the "add tape" solution mentioned in other places regarding this issue on My SanDisk Micro SD that stopped working.  Didn't help.  Purchased Samsung EVO 64gb MicroSD, installed it and it went back to functioning immediately.  Reasoning from other places says something about size of the Samsung (bigger & fits more snugly allowing contacts to touch).

0 Likes