Droid Maxx - Assist Driving issue
WVPat63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recently installed version 4.4.4 on my Droid Maxx.  Now the Assist Driving does not indicate when I am in the car driving (icon at the top of the screen) or speaks to me when I have text messages received.  Is there a fix for this issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Droid Maxx - Assist Driving issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WVPat63 got it, we'll get to the bottom of this! Lets start by resetting the Assist app by http://vz.to/1k0D3Eu then try to use it again. Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WVPat63 lets get your device running properly again! Has there been any other changes outside of the update to the device i.e. new apps since this issue started?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
WVPat63
Enthusiast - Level 2

No new apps added.  Just the usual app updates that came with the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WVPat63 got it, we'll get to the bottom of this! Lets start by resetting the Assist app by http://vz.to/1k0D3Eu then try to use it again. Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
danielback1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue with my maxx also. Plus when I use voice control to place a call the speaker does not come on it seems like assist has been disabled to some extent.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glitches like this can be irritating danielback1964! Have you tried resetting the Assist app as well to see if that would improve this for you?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
danielback1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that and uninstalling and re-installing. On my account we have 10 devices 2 are maxx, 1 ultra and 1 mini the all have the same issue after the update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Danielback1964,

Updates should improve the device! Have you checked the device since the update to make sure that you still opted into the Motorola Assist application? The Motorola Assist application will only read out the text message if the sender is in the device contact list. Is this only happening on messages where the contact is not listed in your contact list?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
WVPat63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've completed your instructions and will be able to test it tomorrow as I will be on the road for several hours.  If it doesn't work, I'll let you know tomorrow evening.  Fingers crossed!!

0 Likes
danielback1964
Enthusiast - Level 2

The message read out started working today. The only issue I have now is the speaker not turning on when I use google now to make a call.

0 Likes