Re: Droid Maxx Front Facing Camera Problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kellyab, we apologize for this inconvenience. This first impression of your phone isn't a good one. Is there any physical or liquid damage? Have you ever been able to access the front facing camera feature since you had the phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
kellyab

No, we never had access to the front camera. No damage. Got the situation resolved at the Verizon store. The phone was defective. They replaced it. Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kellyab, this a relief to hear. Thanks for keeping us posted. Should you have any additional concerns are need assistance, please reach out to us right here. We're here for you.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
B33
Legend

On your replacement Droid Maxx you just got,  I wonder if it has the Older OS which would be Jelly Bean,  you might check and see if you see Android 4.4.2 you have Jelly Bean I would leave the phone as is with this build I'm not having any issues with this build on my Droid Maxx I've been using it since Feb. 13 2014..

Note: To add when the update pops up on my phone to update to Kit Kat I push the update off for a 23 hour cycle..

0 Likes
dgm458

B33 - I've tried downloading other camera apps, including Google Camera.  It still only allows for "Selfie" photos.  I'm guessing a new phone is in order...

0 Likes
dgm458

Verizon Customer Service Support - If you'll read my original post, you'll see that I had uninstalled all third party apps and even performed a full data factory reset.  It still doesn't work.  How about a replacement?  i've been on vacation two weeks and unable to take anything but "selfies."

0 Likes
B33
Legend

That would probably be the best bet..

Here's a picture using my Droid Maxx's Front Facing Cam.. Takes a fairly Decent picture.. I must SaySmiley Happy b

Droid Max  Fron Facing.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dgm458, we appreciate your patience and cooperation while assisting you with this issue. After you hard reset your device, did you redownload the same applications that you had before? The last resort to resolve this issue would be to get a warranty replacement device. We can provide you with a replacement phone if your device is still covered under the one year manufacturer warranty. Please contact our Technical Support team at 800-922-0204 to further assist you with getting a warranty replacement device.

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes
Stuartl5

After 4.4.4 I too can only take selfies. Flashlight apps don't see the flash LED either. Has anyone had any luck with the FDR or anything else?

0 Likes
c121lopez

I've just recently started having this issue. I uninstalled all recently installed apps, even 3rd party ones - followed by a soft reset. Tried using in safe mode too.

Whenever I try to switch to the front facing camera, it always freezes then says "Please restart camera".

I really don't want to go through the hassle of a full factory data reset.    

0 Likes