Re: Droid Maxx Front Facing Camera Problem
Droidaliciousness

Droid MAXX - It seems that once the camera app updated, my front-facing camera stopped working...now the icon is not even on my camera screen...I try use the new "double twist" feature that the software update speaks of, and my phone vibrates, a message appears -"unfortunately camera has stopped working" and the camera shuts off..I have cleared my camera app cache and booted up in safe mode...camera does not work....I don't want to do a "factory reset" as this seems to be an update issue....help Verizon, Motorola??????

0 Likes
B33
Legend

After going through what you did it may be your only option to get some functionality back, you could try one other thing running a system cache clear it's not as strong as what running a F.D.R is but it can help do some cleaning you can run once a month, once a week I usually go with the once a month unless my phone's showing issues.. so you might give a S.C.C. a try..

0 Likes
grannyjan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine is only able to take "selfies" and the symbol on the bottom left is gone. I chatted with the support folks and they said to do a backup and reset to factory settings. I think I'll let the store handle this. It was working fine on Christmas day.

grannyjan
Enthusiast - Level 2

I took it to the store tonight, and he did a factory reset, it still isn't working, so he arranged for me to get a replacement phone. What a pain.

0 Likes
MurphyFJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this problem too now. Reading through this it seems there is no fix.

Has anyone been able to restore the camera functionality once this problem appeared?

summer1972
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problems and have read through countless forums; yet, I've read of no one able to restore this front/rear-facing camera function once it disapperars.

Clearly this is a very common failure for the Maxx, given the hundreds and hundreds of posts I've read.

I'm on my 3rd Maxx now in 6 months due to defects related to powering off/charging. As with my previous issues, store rep said its defective and will need replaced.  Very disappointed to have yet another irreparable issue with #3. :[  I love this phone for many reasons, but after giving it #3 tries, I've had enough. So disappointed.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Sounds like the best solution as for my Maxx's front camera it's still plugging along.. Using 4.4.4 

ajudy09

Wondering if anybody else is still experiencing this problem. I am on my second replacement phone that also has the camera issues that my original phone had and they are sending me another replacement phone. I have talked to several technical support representatives, done multiple FDRs, cleared camera cache and data, done a camera force stop, tried other camera applications, pretty much everything in the book to try to resolve this issue.

0 Likes
AtlChris

Same continuing problem. I tried Camera MX app for a while which seemed to resolve things...for a few weeks. Now it too only works occasionally and haltingly. One oddity, the only time I had flawless camera functionality recently was when I was deep on a hiking trip and no cell reception. I was able to snap picture after picture with no problems. Then after returning to civilization, dead front camera.

I have tried airplane mode, and I may get one picture before it all starts to freeze again and go dark.

Contract coming up soon, back to Apple? Argh!

0 Likes
vanzweden23

my phone is doing the same thing as the others i have clear everything deleted everything cookies and cleaned it several times and still it wont even show me the button to take it off 'selfy mode'  i really need that the front camera way more then i need the other way.. so plz plz plz help me.. i have read everything on line about it and messed with my phone alot and still nothing... i have a Motorola droid max.. thank u

0 Likes