Re: Droid Maxx HD Microphone issues - the microphone goes off suddenly
jkpayton94

I have a Droid RAZR Maxx HD and for the last 3 or 4 days my mic hasn't worked. It started happening after I dropped it though. I restarted, I restarted by holding down power button and volume down, nothing helped. Yesterday I had the KitKat update and it didn't fix it so I'm wondering if dropping it did it. I can't afford a new phone so I'm still gonna try to fix it.

0 Likes
abennett10

I received my phone yesterday and it came to me with this problem.  i rebooted the phone about twenty times.  Im not sure how this phone had a four and a half star rating with a known faulty microphone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Yikes, I want to make sure that we have everything working for you, abennett10. Did you just get this device as an upgrade? Did you get it from the store location or did you order it online? If you place the phone on speaker phone are you able to talk to your callers? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jfran2

As much problem as we've had with our phone, I'm surprised this isn't a more widespread problem!  My son got his Razr Maxx brand new from the Verizon store in February.  It lasted about two months before the mic quit.  We got a refurb from Verizon, which lasted a couple of weeks before the mic quit.  The third phone's mic didn't work right out of the box.  The fourth phone we got direct from Motorola.  It has lasted almost two months now, but its mic just quit.  So now we'll be on phone number 5 in just six months!  Verizon tells me they can only swap phone for phone, so I guess we're destined to put up with this problem for the next year and a half (and if the law of averages applies, another 16 phones).  It seems to me that at some point, they should be willing to offer him a different model phone from their refurb shop, but that hasn't happened so far. 

0 Likes