Droid Maxx Loses Bluetooth Connection and Bluetooth cannot be turned off.
Jeffwb2u

My Droid max, Running System version 24.21.7 Has an issue that the Bluetooth connection drops connectivity and then will not allow me to turn the Bluetooth off and then on again.  I have to completely power cycle the phone and upon reboot, Bluetooth can be enabled again.

My phone loses connectivity with my Garmin Vivosmart HR, and when I go into settings to turn off and turn on Bluetooth, the screen will hang at Turning off Bluetooth.  Then I have to power off the phone and when it powers on Bluetooth is disabled, and I can go into settings and turn it back on with no problem.  This allows me to connect to my Vivosmart, but I have the Bluetooth connection issue several times a day.  The connectivity issue is not limited to my VivoSmart, my phone also willnot connect to the Bluetooth system in my car either until I power it off and then turn it on again.

Surprisingly, this started happening after the last system update and I did not have a problem with Bluetooth before this update.  Also, since this system update, my battery life on the phone has plummeted.  I used to charge it once in 24 hours, or even once in 36.  Now it's less that 8 hours and the battery is deader than a doorknob.

Any help that Verizon can give me with this issue would be appreciated.

Jeff.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Droid Maxx Loses Bluetooth Connection and Bluetooth cannot be turned off.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jeffwb2u, we certainly want to make sure your Bluetooth is working properly. Let's look into this issue further. Is there any physical or water damage to your device? Have you tired deleting the Bluetooth connection to those specific devices you are having issues with? You can do this by going to Settings > Bluetooth > Tap the appropriate device name or the Setting icon (in the right of the device name) > Tap Forget or Unpair.

YeseniaV_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Jeffwb2u

There is no physical damage to the phone.  No Water damage. I have tried removing devices from the Bluetooth connections and re-adding them, (Such as my car, or Bluetooth speakers).  The Garmin is not paired through the Bluetooth settings on the phone, but instead through the Garmin application.  I have removed devices and added them again in that app with the same results.  If my Bluetooth devices cannot communicate with my phone, I pretty much know that when I go in to turn off Bluetooth settings and turn off Bluetooth, that it will hang at the Turning Off Bluetooth screen. I have to reboot my phone before being able to enable Bluetooth again. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jeffwb2u, I appreciate those additional details. Let's work on getting your Bluetooth connection re-established again for you. Let's begin with some additional info. To proceed with reviewing your car Bluetooth, please provide the make/model of your car. You can also find some additional info here: http://spr.ly/65848T3Mi

For your other accessories, you can click here to review further: http://spr.ly/65878T3Ml & http://spr.ly/65888T3Mm

KristieQ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jeffwb2u

How can I trust that anything that you are doing is actually trying to help me?  I followed your link for Pairing a device on my phone and the instructions are wrong!  I selected that I have a Motorola Droid Maxx 4G 16Gb phone and looked at the pairing instructions for a Garmin Vivoactive HR. The directions say to pair this in the Bluetooth settings.  But Garmin says that this is exactly what NOT to do.  The Vivoactive needs to be paired through the Garmin App, of the unit will not sync correctly.

If the instructions for that are wrong, why should I have any confidence that you can fix this?

It's also suspicious that this started to occur after the last system update that I installed from Verizon.  Something about the bluetooth changed after that update and definitely NOT for the better.  Prior to this update, I didn't have a single problem with Bluetooth.

I wish that there was a way to go back to a previous system build, but that doesn't seem to be an option that I can find.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand your concern. The latest system updates are not actually from Verizon. They are from Google for Android devices. This could be an issue with the connection and we are trying to figure out what is causing it. By following the instructions provided in the link, you could be fixing the connection. We simply are asking to try this option to see if it works since you are currently not able to get it to stay on and working. You can also try your device while in Safe Mode and test it for a bit to see if the connection is lost. Here is a link for instructions on how to get your device to Safe Mode, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-83030/.

JavierMD_VZW 

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JAMLAU72

I had the same problem with my Droid Maxx that was about two years old. The simple solution after trying many things: Go to your settings, go to apps, clear out the caches of as many as your can. Check the connectivity app and clear that out. Restart the phone and it will be like new. I now connect to five cars with Bluetooth instantly.

0 Likes