Droid Maxx Update - 23.3.24 - Breaks Wifi Capability
Darrell22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yesterday my Droid Maxx updated to 23.3.24 and now wifi is totally broken.  Device won't stay connected to wifi upon reboot and I have to turn off wifi to then get my device to get any data.  I have a limited data plan and this is not acceptable.  My Droid has worked flawlessly up until this latest update.  Come on Verizon.  Please fix this.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
Re: Droid Maxx Update - 23.3.24 - Breaks Wifi Capability
deb1980
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here, pretty much makes the phone unusable.

0 Likes
LWeasel

Likewise. I even lost everything but 1X by large last night. The phone was literally not usable. I was able to temporarily restore both 4G last night and WiFi by rebooting into safe mode and allowing a couple of Google Play updates that had been failing before. As of mid-day today, it's back to non-functional. I'm on unlimited, so I'm not so fussed by the amount of data I'm using, just the fact that 4G is spotty at best where I live and even if I get a decent connection, my broadband is still faster.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Droid Maxx Update - 23.3.24 - Breaks Wifi Capability
B33
Legend

There's issues alike in the New Droid Turbo, even though its a pain in the who who..  until Verizon makes sense of this and pushes to fix it..  there may be a few hair pulling months a head.. of us

SO I'M GOING ON THE RECORD AND SAY.!   IF YOU ABSOLUTELY DO NOT NEED THIS UPDATE OR THE ONE BEFORE IT DON'T UPDATE TILL AT LEAST THE MUDDY WATER IS CLEARED AND THE ISSUE'S ONES ARE SEEING THAT UPDATED TO IT:  SUBSIDE... 

THAT MEANS PUSH OFF THE UPDATE AS LONG AS YOU CAN BY ANY MEANS WHEN  THE  UPDATE POPS UP AND TELLS IT'S READY AND YOU HAVE A CHOICE TO UPDATE IT AT A LATER DATE CHOOSE THAT..  I PUSHED OFF UPDATES ON ONE MY Droid Razr Maxx  FOR A YEAR.!

0 Likes
Re: Re: Droid Maxx Update - 23.3.24 - Breaks Wifi Capability
LWeasel

I wish I would have gone the route of pushing it off. Sadly, I'm one of those folk who needs my notification tray clear. I'd have gone nuts with the nagging. Either way, this is a huge flub on the part of VZ with the loss of connectivity, lowered battery life; it's impacting the large amount of work I do with my phone. I've never had such an experience with such a minor update.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea I Know..  until things are smoothed out with all this new that Verizon is doing and going too I think as I mention we're going to have some rough seas to ride out hopefully the boat in all of us can weather it..

Hang in there that's all I can tell ya.. until an update is pushed to fix the issue..

0 Likes
Darrell22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Placing my Droid Maxx in Safe mode does allow wifi to work.  So, now I've tried everything, first uninstalling the few apps I have and then a factory reset.  Wifi still is broken.  I've had absolutely zero problems with my device until this nasty upgrade.  I use data extensively at work and I need wifi on my device to function properly.

I'll be going to my Verizon store tomorrow and demand that either Verizon give me unlimited data or replace the device all together.  I really loved the Maxx and it is incredible that we have to go through this.  Frustrated.

Darrell22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have successfully factory reset the device and wifi is working again now.

B33
Legend

All these Updates:  makes a person  Wanna.!  pull hair.

Hair Pulling...jpg

0 Likes
cnowaczck
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset, which worked for a few days. Then another. Tried all the other ideas. The only way WiFi is working is in safe mode.  I may be paying vzw a visit. If they don't fix this, they better be paying my data overages, since this is their screw up.

0 Likes